Cortex M1 SOTDMA smartAIS Transponder and Vessel Monitoring
- Delivery & Returns
Full Class B SOTDMA with smartAIS send and receive and integrated no-loss splitter. Monitor and control onboard systems and keep alerted on board or ashore from your smartphone.
- 5W Class B SOTDMA AIS Transponder
- Built-in no-loss antenna splitter
- Built-in WiFi and Cellular connectivity on monitoring on board and ashore
- Low power consumption
- 10Hz GPS antenna
- Built-in battery voltage, heading sensor & barometer
- Built-in NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 gateway
- Upgradeable OS for future new features
- Thermal polymer outer casing for corrosion-resistant heatsink
- Galvanically isolated ports
- Fully waterproof (IPX7)
The smartAIS advantage
smartAIS proactively alerts you of potential collisions, anchor drag and man overboard situations.
smartAIS consumes very low power and continuously alerts even if your power intensive MFD or smartphone is switched off.
smartAIS combines GPS, AIS and heading data with smart logic to proactively warn you of collision risks.
Clearly see the highest risk vessels. When using a Cortex handset, smartphone, or tablet, make trial manoeuvres to see a simulation of where and when your paths will cross.
Sleep soundly or explore with abandon knowing that your boat is exactly where you anchored it.
By combining your position and heading, Cortex will determine if your anchor drags. If your boat moves outside your anchor swing radius the alarm will sound on Cortex handsets and your smartphone. Receive alerts while ashore via the Cortex Monitor App on your smartphone.
Want to know if water depth, wind speed or direction changes while anchored? No problem, Cortex will keep watch and alert you.
Man Overboard (MOB)
When Cortex detects an AIS MOB activation it immediately sounds the alarm.
Compatible with all AIS MOB's, you will see where the MOB was first activated along with continuous updates to its location, bearing and range. Get clear information and take the best course.
Label AIS MOB devices with crew names for easy identification.
Pressing the dedicated MOB button activates a track back mode on all handsets and marks the MOB on NMEA 2000 connected MFDs.
Remote vessel monitoring and control
See your boat's status, receive alerts and control devices.
Easy setup, no fee
With built-in sensors, you can see twice daily updates of your boat's location, battery level, true heading and barometric pressure.
Connect to your NMEA network and monitor more - wind speed direction and water depth.
When your smartphone and boat have cellular access, you can see that your boat is safe and secure.
Real-time monitoring and control
Subscribe to a Cortex Monitor Plan to receive alerts, see real-time information about your boat and remotely control devices like lighting, air conditioning, refrigeration or ice-makers.
Whether you've left your boat at anchor or at the marina, know exactly where it is and what's happening on board.
Advanced SOTDMA technology
SOTDMA is the latest AIS technology with 5W power output, making your boat visible over a longer distance.
With faster and more frequent transmissions of your position to other vessels, you'll be safer, especially at speeds of over 14 knots.
Connect via WiFi
Receive alerts on your smartphone, tablet or smartwatch anywhere on board.
Connect up to 10 WiFi devices to receive and manage alarms, view AIS information and instrument data.
Integrate Cortex to your NMEA 2000 network and use your mobile devices to view information your instruments provide.
10Hz GPS Update Rate
With 10Hz GPS updates, your vessel position is more accurately plotted.
When you connect other devices to your Cortex GPS using NMEA 2000 or NMEA 0183, all on board equipment benefits from our superfast GPS
Integrated no-loss splitter
Our integrated no-loss splitter allows you to share a single antenna with another VHF and delivers optimum performance for both your VHF and AIS.
Low Power Consumption
With low input power, you can keep Cortex always on, so you are always visible and always watching. Receive alerts without the need for power-hungry MFD's.
Protect your Cortex and connected equipment from electrical shorts and damage from ground loops.
Submersible for 30 minutes (IPx7), Cortex can be safely mounted anywhere on board.
NMEA 2000 Gateway
Translate NMEA 2000 navigation data over WiFi and NMEA 0183 for use with apps and devices.
Third party apps
Cortex provides AIS, GPS, and instrument data such as depth and wind to a wide range of 3rd party apps on Android and iOS devices. Take advantage of Cortex high precision GPS and AIS overlays on your smartphone, iPad & Android mobile devices
Cortex seamlessly integrates with every brand of MFD and chartplotter with AIS input. It provides target overlays and vessel information at your fingertips, such as course and speed on your existing or any new MFD.
Cortex will get smarter
New features and capabilities are downloaded automatically to the Cortex Onboard app for easy updates to Cortex via WiFi whenever convenient.
In The Box
- M1 Hub
- Power Cable
- Audio Cable
- External Sensors / NMEA 0183 Cable
- External WiFi Antenna
- GPS antenna with 10m cable and mounting brackets
This item is currently not in stock but is available to preorder, with a lead time of up to 14 days.
Stock can move quickly, so this is just a suggestion of current levels, please phone the shop to confirm.
The ship to store service is based on Head Office sending stock to a branch.
If you wish to call & collect stock, please do so over the phone using the number provided.
Our Mail Order team ship chandlery, yacht parts and sailing clothing around the world. We use the best value couriers available, and we will endeavour to get your products to you as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
International Orders: Due to delays we have had to suspend our international delivery options. We are currently only able to offer an Airmail service for orders under 2kg
UK Standard Delivery
- UK Mainland 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- UK Mainland 1 - 25Kg £5.95 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- UK Mainland 25Kg+ Price on request
- UK Mainland Next Day 0 - 25Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature, orders must be placed before midday
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 1 - 20Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
- Channel Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £5.95 Royal Mail Service Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Channel Islands 1 - 20Kg £13.50 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Channel Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
UK Exceptional Delivery
- UK Mainland; Antifoul & paints £5.95
- UK Mainland; Inflatable dinghy £10.00
- UK Mainland; Liferafts £17.50
- UK Mainland; Flares £20.00
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Antifoul & paints £9.95
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Liferafts price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
- Channel Islands; Antifoul & paints £13.50
- Channel Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request Channel Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase, we will exchange or refund your goods in full, provided that the items are returned within 14 days of receipt.*
Please check the condition of goods on arrival - we are unable to accept goods damaged during shipping after 14 days.
Returned goods must be packaged securely, with all original packaging undamaged and in a saleable condition i.e. shoe boxes must be in the same condition as when received.
Goods must be unused and security seals intact.*
If you would like to return goods because they were ordered incorrectly or if clothing does not fit, return postage will be at your expense. If you would like us to replace the goods with another size or colour, we will charge carriage on the replacement.
Please be aware that some navigational and safety products may be dated, and as such a full refund may in some cases not be possible. If you are purchasing dated navigational charts we suggest you contact us for more information.
If you receive your goods and believe them to be faulty, please contact us straight away with a brief description of the problem. If we require you to return the product for a replacement, we will send you a pre-paid Royal Mail label for delivery back to us. Unfortuantely we cannot send the courier back to collect the items.
Returning goods to Force 4 is easy!
- Please contact us by ringing 0345 1300 710 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org. This way we'll be able to determine whether you would like to return the product for a refund or whether you'd like to exchange the product. We are unable to process the return of faulty goods that we're not expecting.
- We'll then give you a returns number. This returns number will need to be clearly marked on the outside of your parcel so it can be identified on arrival. Please note, failure to mark a returns reference number on the outside of your parcel may result in a delay in processing your return.
- Don't forget your proof of postage, just in case!
- Once we receive the item we'll be able to proceed with a refund or an exchange.
*this excludes faulty goods with manufacturers defects. If goods are found to be faulty during use, after the returns period, please just give us a ring on 0345 1300 710 and we'll be happy to help.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Ask a question
Men's Size Guide
|To Fit Height||To Fit Chest|
|X SMALL||5'2" - 5'4"||34 - 36"|
|SMALL||5'5" - 5'7"||36 - 38"|
|MEDIUM||5'7" - 5'10"||38 - 40"|
|LARGE||5'11" - 6'1"||41 - 43"|
|X LARGE||6'1" - 6'3"||44 - 46"|
|XX LARGE||6'3" - 6'5"||46 - 48"|
|UK||EURO||MENS US||LADIES US|