Flares form an essential part of our on-board safety kit. We all hope we never have to use them, but knowing they are there (and in date!) gives us all peace of mind knowing you have a means of distress signal. To make buying flares easier, we supply them in ready made kits as well as individually.
What Flares Do You Need On Board?
What flares you need on board is determined by the type of boating you do and how far offshore you travel.
- Inshore Flare Packs - suitable for use up to 3 miles away from shore
- Contains: 2 Red Hand Held Flares, 2 Orange Smoke Hand Held
- Coastal Flare Packs - suitable for use up to 7 miles away from shore
- Contains: 2 Red Hand Held Flares, 2 Orange Smoke Hand Held, 2 Red Parachute Rocket Flares
- Offshore Flare Packs - suitable for use up to and beyond 7 miles from shore
- Contains: 4 Red Hand Held Flares, 2 Buoyant Orange Smoke Signal, 4 Red Parachute Rocket Flares
Here's a handy guide we at Force 4 Chandlery have put together to help you make sure you purchase the right flares for you.