Force 4 is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers while providing the highest possible quality of service. We only use the information that we collect about you lawfully, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and will not pass on any customer information to third parties.
In accordance with the Privacy & Electronic Communications Act passed into law 11 Dec 03 we do not send random marketing emails to personal email addresses (spam).
Cookies are used on our site (as they are on any other shopping site). They are needed to allow us to keep track of the contents of your shopping cart. Without this, our store simply would not work. When you order online your email address will be added to our mailing list, from which we inform our customers about the latest products and special offers. You can unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time.
As of the 26th May 2012 in accordance with the EU Cookie Directive 2012, we display all of the information on the cookies used on our website on an editorial page you can look at by clicking here.
In accordance with GDPR as of the 25th May 2018 we have amended our privacy statement:
When do we collect information about you?
- We collect information about you when you register an account on any of our websites
- Place an order for products or services via the website or over the phone with our colleagues in Mail Order
- When you purchase a product in-store
- When you engage with us via email
- When you engage with us via social media
- When you join a loyalty programme
- If you use an in-store account
- When you review a product on our website
- When you visit our stores which usually have CCTV systems in operation for security of both customers and our colleagues. These systems may record your image during your visit.
What sort of personal information do we collect information about you?
- If you have an account with us we collect your name, gender, date of birth, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
- Details of your interactions with us through Mail order and stores
- Payment details (card numbers are not stored with us but by 3rd party banking companies, PayPal and WorldPay)
- Image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our stores
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels
How and why we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account, respond to queries & returns. With your consent, we will use your data to send you a Catalogue, email you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. Our ultimate objective is to give you the best possible shopping experience with us.
We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website.
If you agree, we shall pass on your personal information to our group of companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
Force 4 will not share your information for marketing purposes with companies outside the Windward Marine group.
In processing your order, we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
How we protect your information?
We treat your data with the utmost care and take appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using 'https' technology. Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment information) is held by third party banking companies, Paypal and GlobalPay.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we'll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted or anonymised. Personal data, when combined with order details, will be kept for up to 10 years. When personal data has been given to us by you for competitions, catalogue collection, or surveys we will keep that information for 5 years.
What are your rights over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect
- That we stop using your personal data when you withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address.
Force 4 Chandlery (Data Request)
Stroudwater Business Park,
We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
By subscribing to our marketing materials, you're agreeing to receive future electronic and/or printed communication from Force 4 Chandlery about special offers, products, events & more information about Force 4.
How you can stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
- Click the 'Unsubscribe' link in any email newsletter we send you. We will then stop any further emails from that particular division.
- If you have an account on the website, log in, visit the 'My Account' area and change your preferences.
- Write to Force 4 Chandlery (Data request), Waterside House, Brunel Way, Stroudwater Business Park, Stonehouse, GL10 3SX
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after your change of preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
- Keeping your chosen products in your basket
- Remembering products that you’ve saved to your wish list
- Sending you email reminders about products you’ve viewed or left behind (only if you’ve opted-in to receive email marketing from us)
- Analysing web page traffic to make sure that you and other customers can find what you’re looking for easily
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.