Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms & conditions carefully before using this website. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website and by accessing this website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you may not use or access this Website.
You acknowledge and agree that all content of this website including all images, graphics, text and other portions of these web pages are copyrighted by Windward Marine Limited trading as Force 4 Chandlery or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies and/or third-party licensors.
Permission is given only to view the material on these web pages and to save that material only for your future personal and non-commercial reading. You agree not to copy, reproduce, modify, transmit, commercially exploit, distribute or publish in any way or create any derivative works unless you obtain the written permission of Windward Marine Limited trading as Force 4 Chandlery.
We reserve the right to modify, suspend or withdraw any aspect of this website (in part or whole) at any time without prior notice, including the availability of any feature, promotion, database, or content. We may also impose limits on certain features and services, we shall not be liable to you or a third party for any modification or withdrawal. If you continue to use this website following an alteration it will be deemed as your acceptance to this change. Prices are subject to change without notice.
Windward Marine Limited trading as Force 4 Chandlery does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. All reasonable care is taken to ensure images, specifications, descriptions and prices of products on this website are correct at the time of entry. We are constantly updating and maintaining the website to keep the information as current and accurate as possible. E&O.E
Whilst we try to represent accurate product colours in the images on our website, colours may vary due to the specification and resolution limitations of computer screens and should be used as a guide only.
During periods of a sale or promotion, our standard terms & conditions may be affected by those associated with the offer.
You (and NOT Windward Marine Limited trading as Force 4 Chandlery) assume total responsibility and risk for your use of this website and the Internet.
The materials in this site are provided ‘as is’ and without warranties of any kind either express or implied.
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Windward Marine Limited trading as Force 4 Chandlery disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Windward Marine Limited trading as Force 4 Chandlery does not warrant that this website or any of its functions will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site, including bulletin boards, or the servers that make it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Windward Marine Limited trading as Force 4 Chandlery shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; or (v) any other matter relating to the service.
Ordering from Force 4 Chandlery is Easy
- Find the item you require
- Choose the colour/size, if applicable, by clicking on the drop-down list to view the options, then clicking again on the one you require
- Click the "BUY NOW" button
- Wherever you are on Force 4, you can add items to your basket in the same way
- You can check the contents of your basket and the total cost at any time by clicking on the "My Basket" button
- You can remove items from your basket or alter the quantity required at any time.
- Post and packing costs will be shown in your shopping basket
- Click the "Proceed to Checkout" button when you have finished shopping
- Fill in the order details on the secure form
You can also place an order by phone, fax or mail.
We accept Delta, Maestro, Mastercard, UK Maestro, Visa, and Switch.
For Debit/Credit card payments, we will not charge you for any goods until they are dispatched. An pre-authentication will be made against your bank account, and we will capture funds when the goods are dispatched.
For Paypal payments funds from Paypal will be moved from your Paypal account immediately by Paypal.
If by mistake, we have under-priced an item, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the item to you. In those circumstances, we will notify the correct price to you so you can decide whether or not you wish to order the item at that price
There are certain liabilities which we cannot exclude by law and nothing in these General Terms and Conditions limits our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or for fraud.
You have certain rights as a consumer, including legal rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods. For further information about your legal rights in the UK, contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizen’s Advice Bureau. Nothing in these General Terms and Conditions will affect these legal rights and, in particular, we will perform our obligations under these General Terms and Conditions with reasonable care and skill.
Any products we supply to you will be of satisfactory quality. If we deliver a product to you that is not of satisfactory quality, you can contact us for a repair or replacement or, where this is not possible, for a refund.
We are only responsible for losses that are a natural, foreseeable consequence of our breach of these General Terms and Conditions. We will not be liable to you if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations under these General Terms and Conditions by anything you (or anyone acting on your behalf) does or fails to do or due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
You must follow any advice we give you to keep products we supply to you safe (including any instructions or product manuals provided with the products). We cannot accept liability for damage to the products we have supplied which is caused by your failure to follow this advice.
In any event, we will not be liable for any losses related to any business of yours including (without limitation) lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.
Assignment, waiver and third party rights
We may update or amend these General Terms and Conditions of Sale from time to time to comply with the law or to meet our changing business requirements without notice to you. Any updates or amendments will be posted on the Website.
You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these General Terms and Conditions of Sale to any third party unless we agree in writing.
We may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of our rights or obligations under these General Terms and Conditions of Sale to any third party at our discretion.
No relaxation or delay by us in exercising any right or remedy under these General Terms and Conditions of Sale shall operate as a waiver of that right or remedy or shall affect our ability to subsequently exercise that right or remedy. Any waiver must be agreed by us in writing.
If any of these General Terms and Conditions of Sale are found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, the rest of these General Terms and Conditions of Sale shall remain in full force and effect.
Only you and we shall be entitled to enforce these Terms of Sale. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these Terms of Sale, whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
These General Terms and Conditions of Sale are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
The delivery charge is automatically added to your order and you will see the total amount you have to pay before you confirm the order. Unfortunately, we have to charge carriage but we attempt to keep it to a minimum.
All orders over £50 or weighing more than 2 kilos will require a signature. If you are liable to be out, please give an alternative delivery address or type instructions into the notes section as you place your order
We aim to despatch goods in stock within 3 working days and deliver to you within 28 working days.
All risk in the products you order (including the risk of loss and/or damage to the products) shall pass to you when they are delivered to the delivery address specified in your order.
We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver products if the delay or failure is wholly or partly caused by circumstances beyond our control.
The majority of our parcels will be sent via a courier, the bulk of which are with UKMail. Please be aware that they advertise their delivery times as anywhere between 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday. We are not able to dictate to them a time slot. And in most cases, a signature will be required.
In the UK, delivery charge refunds can only be made in accordance with your legal rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and other applicable legislation. Similar rights may apply for some international deliveries. For further information about your legal rights see “Your Right to Cancel” section below and contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice centre (for example the Citizen’s Advice Bureau for UK customers).
Occasionally items are not immediately available - we will then despatch as much of your order as we can immediately and back-order the unavailable item for delivery at a later date at no extra charge. We only collect payment for items as they are despatched.
- UK Mainland Small Jiffy Bag/Low-Cost Delivery £3.95
- UK Mainland Standard Delivery £5.95
- UK Mainland Overnight Delivery £9.95 - For orders placed by 12pm Mon-Thurs
- Northern Ireland, UK Highlands & Islands: items up to 2kg £5.95
- Northern Ireland, UK Highlands & Islands: items weighing 2 - 20kg £9.95 (please call for other weights)
- Europe Mainland - varies depending upon the weight
- Rest of world - varies depending upon the weight
NB: For orders to mainland Europe and Rest of World, the cost for carriage is calculated on order package weight and final destination. The price given at checkout is a guide only and an accurate postage cost will be calculated and shown clearly on your invoice which will be sent with your goods. If you would like to know this figure before despatch please feel free to contact us for a quote.
Inflatable Dinghies & Liferafts
Inflatable Dinghies (UK Mainland) will be charged at £10 (Other areas at cost)
Liferafts (UK Mainland Only) will be charged at £10 (Other areas at cost)
Flares, Antifoul & Paint
Delivery to UK Mainland only.
Please note that, due to current Transport Regulations and special packaging, all Flare Orders are despatched direct from the supplier (Normally 3-4 days before actually despatched, there is no guaranteed Next Day Delivery) and carry an extra £10.00 Surcharge. Antifoul, Varnish & Paint can only be despatched to UK Mainland addresses.
Please be aware that all images on the Force 4 website are used for illustration purposes only, and whilst we do our best to provide an accurate image of the product sometimes a supplier will send a generic shot.
Our detailed product description should be the main source of information, and if you feel there is a discrepancy between the two please bring it to our attention before making the purchase.
Tax Charges (VAT)
All the prices shown in our store include VAT @ 20%. If you are ordering from outside the EU you do not have to pay VAT. This will be subtracted automatically at the checkout.
Import Duty or Tax
Please note that if the delivery address given on an order is outside of the EU an import tax may be payable upon receipt of the goods. The amount payable depends on the destination and may be subject to change. These payments are the responsibility of the customer and we accept no liability for any payments which may be due.
Credit Card Security
All credit card numbers are encrypted when the order is placed using 128-bit encryption and they are only decrypted after they reach us. They are not held in clear text on any website.
Force 4 Chandlery Captain’s Card
PLEASE PRINT THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR YOUR RECORDS
- The Captain’s Card is an in-store Loyalty Card provided by Force 4 Chandlery.
- All members of the Captain’s Card must be resident in the UK and aged 18 years or over.
- You can register for the Captain’s Card in any UK Force 4 Chandlery store
- Members must register their personal details in-store and keep Force 4 Chandlery informed of any changes, which can be made in any Force 4 Store; by emailing [email protected]; or by calling 0345 1300 710. A full name and address are required in order to add Captain’s Cardholders to the head office system and to receive catalogue mailings. An email address is required in order to receive Captain’s Card vouchers & statements.
- How we will use your information: Personal data collected for the Captain’s Card programme is entered into our system using a password-protected computer & passed electronically to head office for the purpose of sending Captain’s Cardholders vouchers, statements and catalogues. All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that your personal data is kept secure against unauthorised access, loss, disclosure or destruction. Your information will not be passed to any other persons without your permission.
- The Captain’s Card can not be used in conjunction with a Force 4 Chandlery Credit Account.
- The Captain’s Card is not a credit, debit or cheque guarantee card
- Captain’s Card points can only be issued for purchases made in UK Force 4 Chandlery Stores (excludes online & mail order purchases).
- To receive full membership benefits of the programme, including reward vouchers, members must present their card to sales staff at the till prior to the transaction beginning, points will be issued at the time of transaction. Points can not be added retrospectively.
- Two points are awarded for every £1 spent in-store (1GBP). Force 4 Chandlery reserves the right to change this at any time, without notice.
- Captain’s Card points are converted into vouchers that can be redeemed in any Force 4 Chandlery store.
- Vouchers will only be issued by email, via a Captain’s Card eNewsletter, once every 4 months, for amounts over £5 (500 points). Accounts that total under 500 points will roll over until a voucher can be issued. Once a voucher is issued the points will be reset to 0.
- Captain’s Cardholders will receive Captain’s Card eNewsletters plus selected catalogue mailings throughout the year. Captain’s Cardholders may unsubscribe from Captain’s Card eNewsletters & mailing lists at any time by informing a staff member in any Force 4 Store, by calling Force 4 Chandlery Head Office on 0345 1300 710 or by emailing [email protected] You may also unsubscribe from Captain’s Card eNewsletters using the link at the bottom of every Captain’s Card eNewsletter. By leaving the programme members forfeit the right to any vouchers already accrued or issued.
- Force 4 Chandlery reserves the right to vary the number of points required before a voucher can be generated and redeemed.
- Vouchers can only be spent in UK Force 4 Chandlery Stores (excludes online & mail order purchases)
- Vouchers expire after 24 months. Once expired they can no longer be redeemed.
- Vouchers can not be exchanged for cash. No change or credit will be given on the overpayment of vouchers.
- Force 4 Chandlery cannot be held responsible for any loss of vouchers incurred as a result of out of date details and may cancel the membership of the Captain’s Card if details are clearly no longer current.
- The Captain’s Card, in whatever form, is not transferable, cannot be copied and can only be used by the member who is named and registered for the card.
- Members are only entitled to one Captain’s Card account each. Force 4 Chandlery reserves the right to refuse, merge or close additional accounts at any time.
- Your Captain’s Card is personal to you. We do not issue additional cards for your account, but your family and friends can, of course, apply for their own Captain’s Card accounts.
- Captain’s Card accounts, cards and vouchers cannot be transferred, bought, sold or in any way traded.
- The safekeeping of Captain’s Cards and vouchers remains the responsibility of the Captain’s Cardmember. Force 4 Chandlery cannot be held responsible for any loss arising from the member failing to ensure the security or safe-keeping of these items.
- Force 4 Chandlery may decline to issue, withdraw or cancel Captains’ Cards and vouchers, in whatever form, and/or remove a member from the programme at any time where there is a reasonable belief of:
- Any abuse or attempted abuse of the programme;
- Any breach or attempted breach of these terms and conditions and/or those relating to the optional elements of the programme;
- Any behaviour relating to the Captain’s Card or Force 4 Chandlery that involves theft, misconduct, abusive or offensive behaviour, or supplying false or misleading information.
- Members who do not use their Captain’s Card for five years will be removed from the programme and will need to apply for new membership should they wish to re-join.
- If your Captain’s Card is lost or stolen, please notify Force 4 Chandlery immediately so we can issue a replacement card. If this card is subsequently found, please return to any Force 4 Chandlery store.
These terms & conditions do not affect your statutory rights
Administrative Office: Windward Marine Limited T/A Force 4 Chandlery,
Unit 17 Spring Mill Industrial Estate, Nailsworth,
Stroud GL6 0BS.
Email [email protected] Mail Order Tel: 0345 1300 710