Marine Oil Rust Inhibitor & Paint Conditioner 500ml
- Delivery & Returns
Marine Oil is a versatile, highly penetrating air-drying oil that can be used alone or added to paint. Used alone it provides a tough, flexible finish, driving out excess moisture and air; displacing it from rusted metal, so stopping rust. Used alone on porous wood surfaces it will saturate and protect the wood from damage caused by moisture and prevent paint from peeling. When added as a paint conditioner to any oil or alkyd based coatings Marine Oil will give increased wet edge time, improved flow ability, greater adhesion and, unlike damaging thinners, will maintain the inherent quality of the paint without affecting its appearance or drying times allowing you to achieve a more professional finish.
Uses for Marine Oil;
- Priming galvanised surfaces with no need for weathering or pickling
- Preventing further damage in heavily rusted surfaces on hulls and tanks
- Improving paint flow when working in cold environments
- Preventing peeling paint on wood surfaces
- Protecting metal parts on wood surfaces hinges and latches
- Assuring better adhesion of finishes
Using Marine Oil as a rust inhibitor;
Marine Oil penetrates through rusted surfaces to the sound metal below, isolating it and protecting it from further rusting. As it is a penetrating oil it can be used directly on the rusted surfaces – it drives out moisture and air and stabilises the metal to protect it from future damage.
Using Marine Oil to aid adhesion;
Marine Oil leaves a bonding film on all surfaces it is used on which maintains the natural look of the surface but allows enhanced adhesion, making it perfect as a foundation for primers or finishing coats. It gives excellent adhesion including on galvanised steel, aluminium, zinc, wood and more. It allows paint to be applied directly to firm rust and is heat resistant up to +175°C.
Using Marine Oil as a paint conditioner;
Marine Oil can be mixed into oil-based paints as a paint conditioner with several great benefits. Firstly, it gives the paint rust inhibiting properties and helps prevent rust on painted surfaces – even when rust is already present. It also improves the flow and workability of the paint, maintaining the ‘wet edge’ for longer and reducing brush and roller marks. Finally, it also gives the paint a better viscosity which allows painting work to be carried out in more extreme cold, heat and windy conditions, perfect for the marine environment. Unlike damaging paint thinners, it does not alter the inherent qualities or the finish of the paint.
Using Marine Oil for wood impregnation;
When used on dry wood surfaces Marine Oil saturates the wood and protects it from damage caused by moisture. It also helps to prevent paint from peeling and protects metal parts such as hinges and latches from corrosion.
- Size: 0.5Ltr
- Coverage: 18m2 per Litre
- Tools: Brush, Roller, Airless or HVLP Sprayer, Pump Sprayer
- Suitable For: Exterior & Interior use
- Application temperature: +5°C to +35°C
- Drying Time: Touch Dry 12 hours, Full Dry 24 hours (dependant on temperature & humidity)
- Re-Coating Time: 24-48 hours
- Finish: Transparent Matt
Download Product Datasheet here.
This item is currently not in stock but is available to preorder, with a lead time of up to 14 days.
Stock can move quickly, so this is just a suggestion of current levels, please phone the shop to confirm.
The ship to store service is based on Head Office sending stock to a branch.
If you wish to click & collect stock, please do so over the phone using the number provided.
|Nailsworth (Head Office)||0345 130 0710|
|Force 4 Chandlery Cardiff||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 30th October 2020||02920 787190|
|Force 4 Chandlery Chichester||01243 773788|
|Force 4 Chandlery Deacons||02380 402182|
|Force 4 Chandlery Lymington||Not currently in stock||01590 673698|
|Force 4 Chandlery Plymouth||Not currently in stock||01752 548301|
|Force 4 Chandlery Poole||01202 723311|
|Force 4 Chandlery Poole Quay||Not currently in stock||01202673056|
|Force 4 Chandlery Port Hamble||02380 454858|
|Force 4 Chandlery Southampton||02380 632 725|
|Concession & collection point Chichester||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 30th October 2020||01243 773788|
- Good Availability
- Low Availability
- One item left
Our Mail Order team ship chandlery, yacht parts and sailing clothing around the world. We use the best value couriers available, and we will endeavour to get your products to you as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
UK Standard Delivery
- UK Mainland 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service 3- 5 working days
- UK Mainland 1 - 25Kg £5.95 Courier service with signature 3- 5 working days
- UK Mainland 25Kg+ Price on request
- UK Mainland Next Day 0 - 25Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service 3- 5 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 1 - 20Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature 3- 5 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
- Channel Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £5.95 Royal Mail Service 3- 5 working days
- Channel Islands 1 - 20Kg £13.50 Courier service with signature 3- 5 working days
- Channel Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
UK Exceptional Delivery
- UK Mainland; Antifoul & paints £5.95
- UK Mainland; Inflatable dinghy £10.00
- UK Mainland; Liferafts £15.00
- UK Mainland; Flares £20.00
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Antifoul & paints £9.95
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Liferafts price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
- Channel Islands; Antifoul & paints £13.50
- Channel Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request Channel Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase, we will exchange or refund your goods in full, provided that the items are returned within 14 days of receipt.*
Please check the condition of goods on arrival - we are unable to accept goods damaged during shipping after 14 days.
Returned goods must be packaged securely, with all original packaging undamaged and in a saleable condition i.e. shoe boxes must be in the same condition as when received.
Goods must be unused and security seals intact.*
If you would like to return goods because they were ordered incorrectly or if clothing does not fit, return postage will be at your expense. If you would like us to replace the goods with another size or colour, we will charge carriage on the replacement.
Please be aware that some navigational and safety products may be dated, and as such a full refund may in some cases not be possible. If you are purchasing dated navigational charts we suggest you contact us for more information.
If you receive your goods and believe them to be faulty, please contact us straight away with a brief description of the problem. If we require you to return the product for a replacement, we will send you a pre-paid Royal Mail label for delivery back to us. Unfortuantely we cannot send the courier back to collect the items.
Returning goods to Force 4 is easy!
- Please contact us by ringing 0345 1300 710 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org. This way we'll be able to determine whether you would like to return the product for a refund or whether you'd like to exchange the product. We are unable to process the return of faulty goods that we're not expecting.
- We'll then give you a returns number. This returns number will need to be clearly marked on the outside of your parcel so it can be identified on arrival. Please note, failure to mark a returns reference number on the outside of your parcel may result in a delay in processing your return.
- Don't forget your proof of postage, just in case!
- Once we receive the item we'll be able to proceed with a refund or an exchange.
*this excludes faulty goods with manufacturers defects. If goods are found to be faulty during use, after the returns period, please just give us a ring on 0345 1300 710 and we'll be happy to help.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Ask a question
Men's Size Guide
|To Fit Height||To Fit Chest|
|X SMALL||5'2" - 5'4"||34 - 36"|
|SMALL||5'5" - 5'7"||36 - 38"|
|MEDIUM||5'7" - 5'10"||38 - 40"|
|LARGE||5'11" - 6'1"||41 - 43"|
|X LARGE||6'1" - 6'3"||44 - 46"|
|X LARGE||6'3" - 6'5"||46 - 48"|
|UK||EURO||MENS US||LADIES US|