Guardian Man Overboard Alarm & Cut Off Switch
- Delivery & Returns
- Questions & Answers
The OLAS Guardian is a wireless engine kill switch that acts within two seconds of a person falling overboard. It has the dual function of also acting as an instant, Man Overboard Alarm system. The Guardian simply connects with up to 15 wearable OLAS transmitters (wrist Tags or OLAS Float On Light), creating a virtual kill cord, and can cover a vessel up to 50ft. OLAS Guardian means power boat and RIB drivers are assured that their boat will stop in an instant, and / or an alarm will occur should the skipper or crew get separated from the boat, reducing the chances of a serious accident from a loose, unmanned, uncontrolled powerboat and ensuring a swift recovery can be actioned. They are free to move around their boat without constantly having to remember to attach, detach and re-attach a physical wired kill cord.
The Guardian connects to a vessels 12/24V power supply and existing kill switch using the supplied connectors making it quick and easy to install with immediate usability. A 21mm hole is required near to the existing kill switch for the 20mm stainless steel, LED control switch to be installed. The Guardian can be used in-place of or alongside an existing kill cord switch and will operate if the physical kill cord has not been attached to the driver. On most engines a simple parallel connection to the existing kill switch will enable full wireless cut-off capability. The Guardian is easily operated via the OLAS App, free to download from the App Store for iOS and the Google Play Store for Android. The OLAS App is a powerful tool for controlling the Guardians functions and for aiding in fast rescue.
- Automatic restart - After 5 seconds the kill switch is deactivated enabling the engine to be restarted
- Inbuilt Alarm - An 85db alarm will sound to indicate an OLAS transmitter has gone out of range
- Inbuilt Emergency Light (if externally mounted) - A high-power emergency Red light will illuminate, offering clear visual indication of an alert whilst also acting as a light to illuminate the surrounding area
- Automatic connection - When you board your vessel and switch on the power, The Guardian will automatically connect to any switched on OLAS transmitting devices within 2m rage.
- Pause mode - Use when you need to leave the boat with the engine idling, such as walking down a pontoon, knowing the OLAS transmitter will go out of range.
- Customise OLAS transmitter Names making them easy to allocate
- Check battery status for OLAS tags
- Easily adjust individual transmitters between Engine cut-off (for the skipper), Alarm only (for passengers) and Pause (for passengers leaving the vessel temporarily) sounding the external alarm if a Tag wearer is out of range on both the Guardian and your mobile device.
- Records the GPS location of where the alarm was triggered
- Clear guidance back to the GPS location where the alarm was triggered
- Clear display of the time and GPS location of where the alarm was triggered and the user's current location
- VHF emergency script with automatically input GPS co-ordinates and custom vessel information
- Solo Mode - for when boating on your own within 2G cellular range or offshore Wifi. Solo mode will send an automatic text message to a custom number with your location and time of the incident. If a self-rescue is managed an automatic text is sent cancelling the alert
- Unit Size: 92 x 90 x38mm
- 12/24V wired
- Through panel mounting
This item is currently not in stock but is available to preorder, with a lead time of up to 14 days.
Stock can move quickly, so this is just a suggestion of current levels, please phone the shop to confirm.
The ship to store service is based on Head Office sending stock to a branch.
If you wish to call & collect stock, please do so over the phone using the number provided.
This item is currently not available to purchase.
Our Mail Order team ship chandlery, yacht parts and sailing clothing around the world. We use the best value couriers available, and we will endeavour to get your products to you as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
UK Standard Delivery
- UK Mainland 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service 3- 5 working days
- UK Mainland 1 - 25Kg £5.95 Courier service with signature 3- 5 working days
- UK Mainland 25Kg+ Price on request
- UK Mainland Next Day 0 - 25Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service 3- 5 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 1 - 20Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature 3- 5 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
- Channel Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £5.95 Royal Mail Service 3- 5 working days
- Channel Islands 1 - 20Kg £13.50 Courier service with signature 3- 5 working days
- Channel Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
UK Exceptional Delivery
- UK Mainland; Antifoul & paints £5.95
- UK Mainland; Inflatable dinghy £10.00
- UK Mainland; Liferafts £17.50
- UK Mainland; Flares £20.00
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Antifoul & paints £9.95
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Liferafts price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
- Channel Islands; Antifoul & paints £13.50
- Channel Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request Channel Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase, we will exchange or refund your goods in full, provided that the items are returned within 14 days of receipt.*
Please check the condition of goods on arrival - we are unable to accept goods damaged during shipping after 14 days.
Returned goods must be packaged securely, with all original packaging undamaged and in a saleable condition i.e. shoe boxes must be in the same condition as when received.
Goods must be unused and security seals intact.*
If you would like to return goods because they were ordered incorrectly or if clothing does not fit, return postage will be at your expense. If you would like us to replace the goods with another size or colour, we will charge carriage on the replacement.
Please be aware that some navigational and safety products may be dated, and as such a full refund may in some cases not be possible. If you are purchasing dated navigational charts we suggest you contact us for more information.
If you receive your goods and believe them to be faulty, please contact us straight away with a brief description of the problem. If we require you to return the product for a replacement, we will send you a pre-paid Royal Mail label for delivery back to us. Unfortuantely we cannot send the courier back to collect the items.
Returning goods to Force 4 is easy!
- Please contact us by ringing 0345 1300 710 or email on email@example.com. This way we'll be able to determine whether you would like to return the product for a refund or whether you'd like to exchange the product. We are unable to process the return of faulty goods that we're not expecting.
- We'll then give you a returns number. This returns number will need to be clearly marked on the outside of your parcel so it can be identified on arrival. Please note, failure to mark a returns reference number on the outside of your parcel may result in a delay in processing your return.
- Don't forget your proof of postage, just in case!
- Once we receive the item we'll be able to proceed with a refund or an exchange.
*this excludes faulty goods with manufacturers defects. If goods are found to be faulty during use, after the returns period, please just give us a ring on 0345 1300 710 and we'll be happy to help.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Ask a question
Men's Size Guide
|To Fit Height||To Fit Chest|
|X SMALL||5'2" - 5'4"||34 - 36"|
|SMALL||5'5" - 5'7"||36 - 38"|
|MEDIUM||5'7" - 5'10"||38 - 40"|
|LARGE||5'11" - 6'1"||41 - 43"|
|X LARGE||6'1" - 6'3"||44 - 46"|
|XX LARGE||6'3" - 6'5"||46 - 48"|
|UK||EURO||MENS US||LADIES US|