105AH Lithium Battery
- Delivery & Returns
- Questions & Answers
Designed to replace domestic batteries of around 200AH capacity, the LiFOS Lithium Battery is an advanced battery using premium lithium battery chemistries – Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) – which delivers reliable and safe power in virtually all conditions, whilst saving huge amounts of weight on board.
This 105ah capacity battery has DoD (depth of discharge) of around 90%, meaning that it offers similar capacity to 200Ah Lead/Gel/AGM batteries that have a typical DoD of only around 50% (i.e. only about half of the capacity is useable before the voltage drops and the battery is unusable). Furthermore, it weighs only 11.9kg (compared to a typical 200ah lead acid battery at around 60kg!).
This battery has a 5-year warranty and contains its own built-in battery management system. This system prevents discharge exceeding 90% and should therefore guarantee no less than 2750 charge and discharge cycles. The LiFOS battery is so durable that if discharge is only normally around 50% (typical in a marine application) then the number of charge/discharge cycles achieved can be closer to 5000. This equates to around 13 years of normal use!
The LiFOS battery can output loads of around 120AH, so while it may not be suitable as an engine starting battery, it will easily handle most domestic boat applications. The built-in battery management system means that you can charge the Lifos battery with most standard battery chargers (up to 50Amp capacity) so installation is normally trouble free. The battery also features a bluetooth output, which when combined with the free LiFOS smartphone App (available for Apple or Android) gives the user a huge range of information about the state of the battery.
LiFOS is fitted with removable terminal posts, compatible with caravan quick release connectors, so that it can fit in the smallest space possible. The posts can be removed and ring terminals connected directly onto the terminal plates. In addition, two LiFOS batteries can be joined in parallel to create double the (AH) capacity. (Please note that LiFOS cannot be joined in series to create higher voltages.
LiFOS is a featherweight 11.9kgs. When compared to a good quality 200Ah lead acid battery at circa 60kgs, LiFOS gives an impressive weight saving – and in boats, motor campers and caravans, saving around 48+ kilograms can be crucial.
LiFOS does not emit noxious gases therefore does not need to be housed in a specially vented chamber. LiFOS has a huge operating temperature range of -20 to +60 °C and it can be used in any orientation (e.g. on its side), although on its base will give the best performance. Like all batteries it should not be allowed to discharge fully over a long period and if it will be left without any power input for a 6-month period the LiFOS must be charged. A warning will be sent via the App as a reminder,
A LiFOS can cost up to 3-4 times what a standard 200Ah lead acid or gel battery would cost (although often much less than this). However, the number of times it can be charged and discharged is anything up to six times more, so looking at the cost per cycle is important when considering the value of a battery purchase. In many marine applications an unexpected battery failure can also incur huge costs, especially among long distance cruisers in remote areas. Lead acid batteries are extremely expensive to ship, due to both their weight and hazardous nature. LiFOS batteries have a vastly longer lifespan, meaning that they should keep you cruising for longer.
- Chemistry: Lithium Iron Phosphate LiFePO4
- Capacity: 12.8V/68Ah
- Depth of Discharge: 90%
- Max continuous charge: 100A
- Max continuous discharge: 120A
- Charging temperature: –20 to +60ºC
- Discharge temperature: 0 to +60ºC
- Dimensions: L 328 x W 177 x H 217.5mm
- Weight: 11.9kgs
- Please Note: This is dispatched directly by the supplier - delivery 7-10 days
This item is currently not in stock but is available to preorder, with a lead time of up to 14 days.
Stock can move quickly, so this is just a suggestion of current levels, please phone the shop to confirm.
The ship to store service is based on Head Office sending stock to a branch.
If you wish to call & collect stock, please do so over the phone using the number provided.
This item is currently only available to buy online.
Our Mail Order team ship chandlery, yacht parts and sailing clothing around the world. We use the best value couriers available, and we will endeavour to get your products to you as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
International Orders: Due to delays we have had to suspend our international delivery options. We are currently only able to offer an Airmail service for orders under 2kg
UK Standard Delivery
- UK Mainland 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- UK Mainland 1 - 25Kg £5.95 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- UK Mainland 25Kg+ Price on request
- UK Mainland Next Day 0 - 25Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature, orders must be placed before midday
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 1 - 20Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
- Channel Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £5.95 Royal Mail Service Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Channel Islands 1 - 20Kg £13.50 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Channel Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
UK Exceptional Delivery
- UK Mainland; Antifoul & paints £5.95
- UK Mainland; Inflatable dinghy £10.00
- UK Mainland; Liferafts £17.50
- UK Mainland; Flares £24.00
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Antifoul & paints £9.95
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Liferafts price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
- Channel Islands; Antifoul & paints £13.50
- Channel Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request Channel Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase, we will exchange or refund your goods in full, provided that the items are returned within 14 days of receipt.*
Please check the condition of goods on arrival - we are unable to accept goods damaged during shipping after 14 days.
Returned goods must be packaged securely, with all original packaging undamaged and in a saleable condition i.e. shoe boxes must be in the same condition as when received.
Goods must be unused and security seals intact.*
If you would like to return goods because they were ordered incorrectly or if clothing does not fit, return postage will be at your expense. If you would like us to replace the goods with another size or colour, we will charge carriage on the replacement.
Please be aware that some navigational and safety products may be dated, and as such a full refund may in some cases not be possible. If you are purchasing dated navigational charts we suggest you contact us for more information.
If you receive your goods and believe them to be faulty, please contact us straight away with a brief description of the problem. If we require you to return the product for a replacement, we will send you a pre-paid Royal Mail label for delivery back to us. Unfortuantely we cannot send the courier back to collect the items.
Returning goods to Force 4 is easy!
- Please contact us by ringing 0345 1300 710 or email on [email protected] This way we'll be able to determine whether you would like to return the product for a refund or whether you'd like to exchange the product. We are unable to process the return of faulty goods that we're not expecting.
- We'll then give you a returns number. This returns number will need to be clearly marked on the outside of your parcel so it can be identified on arrival. Please note, failure to mark a returns reference number on the outside of your parcel may result in a delay in processing your return.
- Don't forget your proof of postage, just in case!
- Once we receive the item we'll be able to proceed with a refund or an exchange.
*this excludes faulty goods with manufacturers defects. If goods are found to be faulty during use, after the returns period, please just give us a ring on 0345 1300 710 and we'll be happy to help.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Ask a question
Men's Size Guide
|To Fit Height||To Fit Chest|
|X SMALL||5'2" - 5'4"||34 - 36"|
|SMALL||5'5" - 5'7"||36 - 38"|
|MEDIUM||5'7" - 5'10"||38 - 40"|
|LARGE||5'11" - 6'1"||41 - 43"|
|X LARGE||6'1" - 6'3"||44 - 46"|
|XX LARGE||6'3" - 6'5"||46 - 48"|
|UK||EURO||MENS US||LADIES US|