Owatrol Gelcoat & Surface Colour Restorer (Polytrol) 500ml
- Get it on Tuesday, 24th May if ordered within the next --:--:-- and select Next Day Delivery *UK Mainland Only
- Order will be dispatched within 5 working days
- This is a special order product and may experience shipping delays. Please call our Mail Order team to confirm delivery lead time.
- Ask a question
- Delivery & Returns
- Questions & Answers
Owatrols Gelcoat and surface Restorer revives the colour and appearance of plastic, fibreglass, metal, paint, tiles etc. as well as removing rust from stainless steel. Dulled by the aggressive effects of the weather, finishes and the surfaces of materials such as plastic, gelcoat and metal become chalky, dull and lose their shine.
Unlike conventional polishing methods, which can be complicated and tedious, Marine Polytrol quickly restores their shine in just a few minutes. It’s a deep penetrating oil which restores the original colour and appearance of dull or tarnished plastics, gelcoats, metals and other surfaces. It penetrates the surface, re-wetting the pigments to restore their lustre and colour which has been lost through exposure to sunlight, rain and pollution and it also gives corrosion protection. When used on tarnished metals, it brings back the shine and gives long-term protection against corrosion.
Simple to apply using a cloth or soft brush, it’s ready to wipe off in just 10 minutes! It can be used on both horizontal and vertical surfaces and can even be used on Plexiglass.
Polytrol dries to a tough and long-lasting flexible finish which does not leave a film – so it won’t peel or flake.
Tin Size: 500ml
- Coverage: 18m² per litre
- Application Temperature: 5°C to 35°C
- Tools: Soft brush or rag, fine wire wool for metal
- Suitable for: Exterior & Interior use
- Clean Up: White-spirit
- Suitable Surfaces: plastics, gelcoats, GRP (fibreglass), tiles, painted or varnished surfaces, stone, tiles, bricks, metals and more
Application of Gelcoat Restorer
Always work in areas that can be completed 10-20 minutes to ensure an even appearance. If the surface absorbs the Gelcoat Restorer unevenly (i.e. some matt and some shiny patches) move any surplus oil from shiny areas to matt areas. Wipe off any excess Gelcoat Restorer with a lint-free cloth before it becomes tacky. For a shinier finish, buff the surface with a lint-free polishing cloth.
First, saturate a soft cloth with Gelcoat Restorer and wipe it on. With a soft cloth, wipe off any excess within 10 minutes. Next gently polish with a lint-free cloth to a new sheen.
Note: Gelcoat Restorer is not a surface coating. Its place is in the surface, not on top.
For application instructions for different uses of Gelcoat Restorer please see Polytrol.
Maintenance is due when a Gelcoat Restorer treated surface shows signs of fading. Prepare and re-treat surfaces as directed above.
Clean any tools used with white spirit. Gelcoat Restorer is non-flammable, however, any rags, steel wool etc. soaked in Gelcoat Restorer may spontaneously catch fire if improperly discarded. Rags, steel wool etc must be saturated with water after use or placed in a sealed, water-filled metal container, before disposing of them with household waste. Rags may be laid flat and air-dried before discarding.
Things to Remember
- Cover and protect everything you do not wish to treat.
- Apply between +5°C and +35°C.
- Do not apply in direct sunlight or on to hot surfaces.
- Do not allow excess Gelcoat Restorer to dry and create a film on the surface (always remove excess product).
- Do not use Gelcoat Restorer on white surfaces.
This item is currently not in stock but is available to preorder, with a lead time of up to 14 days.
Stock can move quickly, so this is just a suggestion of current levels, please phone the shop to confirm.
The ship to store service is based on Head Office sending stock to a branch.
If you wish to call & collect stock, please do so over the phone using the number provided.
|Nailsworth (Head Office)||0345 130 0710|
|Port Hamble||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 31st May 2022||02380 454858|
|Southampton||02380 632 725|
- Good Availability
- Low Availability
- One item left
Our Mail Order team ship chandlery, yacht parts and sailing clothing around the world. We use the best value couriers available, and we will endeavour to get your products to you as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
International Orders: Due to delays we have had to suspend our international delivery options.
UK Standard Delivery
- UK Mainland 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- UK Mainland 1 - 25Kg £5.95 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- UK Mainland 25Kg+ Price on request
- UK Mainland Next Day 0 - 25Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature, orders must be placed before midday
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 1 - 25Kg £10.95 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 7-10 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 25Kg+ Price on request
- Channel Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £5.95 Royal Mail Service Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Channel Islands 1 - 25Kg £13.50 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Channel Islands 25Kg+ Price on request
UK Exceptional Delivery
- UK Mainland; Antifoul & paints £5.95
- UK Mainland; Inflatable dinghy £10.00
- UK Mainland; Liferafts £17.50
- UK Mainland; Flares £49.95
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Antifoul & paints £9.95
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Liferafts price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
- Channel Islands; Antifoul & paints £13.50
- Channel Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request Channel Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase, we will exchange or refund your goods in full, provided that the items are returned within 14 days of receipt.*
Please check the condition of goods on arrival - we are unable to accept goods damaged during shipping after 14 days.
Returned goods must be packaged securely, with all original packaging undamaged and in a saleable condition i.e. shoe boxes must be in the same condition as when received.
Goods must be unused and security seals intact.*
If you would like to return goods because they were ordered incorrectly or if clothing does not fit, return postage will be at your expense. If you would like us to replace the goods with another size or colour, we will charge carriage on the replacement.
Please be aware that some navigational and safety products may be dated, and as such a full refund may in some cases not be possible. If you are purchasing dated navigational charts we suggest you contact us for more information.
If you receive your goods and believe them to be faulty, please contact us straight away with a brief description of the problem. If we require you to return the product for a replacement, we will send you a pre-paid Royal Mail label for delivery back to us. Unfortuantely we cannot send the courier back to collect the items.
Returning goods to Force 4 is easy!
- Please contact us by ringing 0345 1300 710 or email on [email protected] This way we'll be able to determine whether you would like to return the product for a refund or whether you'd like to exchange the product. We are unable to process the return of faulty goods that we're not expecting.
- We'll then give you a returns number. This returns number will need to be clearly marked on the outside of your parcel so it can be identified on arrival. Please note, failure to mark a returns reference number on the outside of your parcel may result in a delay in processing your return.
- Don't forget your proof of postage, just in case!
- Once we receive the item we'll be able to proceed with a refund or an exchange.
*this excludes faulty goods with manufacturers defects. If goods are found to be faulty during use, after the returns period, please just give us a ring on 0345 1300 710 and we'll be happy to help.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Ask a question
Men's Size Guide
|To Fit Height||To Fit Chest|
|X SMALL||5'2" - 5'4"||34 - 36"|
|SMALL||5'5" - 5'7"||36 - 38"|
|MEDIUM||5'7" - 5'10"||38 - 40"|
|LARGE||5'11" - 6'1"||41 - 43"|
|X LARGE||6'1" - 6'3"||44 - 46"|
|XX LARGE||6'3" - 6'5"||46 - 48"|
|UK||EURO||MENS US||LADIES US|