Owatrol Deks Olje D1 Saturating Wood Oil 1Ltr
- Get it on Tuesday, 31st May if ordered within the next --:--:-- and select Next Day Delivery *UK Mainland Only
- Order will be dispatched within 5 working days
- This is a special order product and may experience shipping delays. Please call our Mail Order team to confirm delivery lead time.
- Ask a question
- Delivery & Returns
Deks Olje D1 is a saturating wood oil which feeds the wood to replace lost oils. It drives out any moisture and air present in the wood and fills the pores with oil. This enriches and stabilises the wood to provide long-lasting protection to both interior and exterior timber. It does not form a film on the surface of the wood but protects from within so it will not peel or crack. Deks Olje D1 is a clear oil which gives a clear matt finish enhancing the natural beauty of the wood and it is easy to maintain with no sanding or stripping.
Deks Olje D1 is suitable for use on hardwood and softwood and has been specially developed for dense, oily and difficult to impregnate woods. You can use Deks Olje D1 on both horizontal and vertical surfaces and it provides protection against humidity and its effects as well as against damage from UV rays.
When applied in marine environments you can apply to both above and below the waterline.
It can also be used as a primer for conventional singles pack coatings and decorative finishes. For an intense high gloss finish topcoat with Deks Olje D1 with Deks Olje D2.
Surfaces must first be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, grime, mildew and previous coatings. Treat any mildew with a 50/50 bleach/water solution. Scrub the solution on to the surface and allow it to stand for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly.
After stripping and cleaning, allow the wood to dry for 2-3 good drying days before applying Deks Olje D1. D1 may only be applied to bare wood surfaces or a weathered wood surface that was previously ?nished with Deks Olje D1. All other ?nishes must be completely and thoroughly removed first. If necessary sand the surface after cleaning and/or stripping (100 grit paper).
Interior – Sand wood with 100 grit paper to open the pores, dust off and degrease the surface with methylated spirits.
Exterior – Prepare as for interior wood or treat the surface with Aquanett and then neutralise with Net-Trol.
New wood surfaces have a hard shiny surface called mill glaze that prevents maximum penetration and bonding of any ?nish; sanding or treating the wood with Aquanett removes this, ensuring maximum performance of the ?nish.
Weathered wood surfaces (untreated)
Clean weathered wood with Net-Trol, to remove the loose wood ?bres, dirt and other surface contaminants. If the wood is severely contaminated, clean it with Aquanett and neutralise with Net-Trol.
Previously oiled surfaces
All other oils or sealers must be completely and thoroughly removed with Aquanett and stripped surfaces neutralised with Net-Trol, before applying Deks Olje D1.
Previously coated surfaces (Paint, Stain, Varnish, Waterproofers)
All previous coatings must be completely and thoroughly removed with Dilunett and stripped surfaces neutralised with Net-Trol before applying Deks Olje D1.
Note: Hardwoods including exotic hardwoods and woods rich in tannins (i.e. Cedar, Douglas Fir, Teak, Ipe) may darken with Aquanett and Dilunett. Neutralising with Net-Trol immediately after rinsing will lighten and restore the woods colour.
Garden Sprayer (maintenance only)
Application of Deks Olje D1 saturating wood oil
The secret of Deks Olje’s success lies in its saturation of the wood to bring about an even ‘matt sheen’ ?nish when dry. Start by applying Deks Olje D1 to an area that can be treated in about 15 minutes. As soon as the 1st application has penetrated (normally 15-30 minutes), apply a 2nd application. Then continue applying D1 ‘wet on wet’ until a uniform, overall saturation of the wood is achieved. The number of applications needed depends on the wood.
DO NOT allow Deks Olje D1 to become dry or touch dry between applications. Leave the ?nal application for 30 minutes, then wipe over the surface to remove excess and puddled material with a rag soaked in Deks Olje D1 and rung out so that it is damp to the touch. If necessary occasionally ring out the cloth to keep it damp. It is important that as much D1 as possible is applied on the ?rst day.
Deks Olje D1 must be kept ‘active’, this is done by the ‘wet on wet’ applications and the continual brushing over of the area, which assists and helps achieve maximum penetration. D1 has high penetration; its place is in the wood and not as a surface coating. Allow 3 days for D1 to set-up and dry, before use or in marine uses before putting the boat in service or continuing with Deks Olje D2. Temperature is of very little importance when applying D1.
Clean all tools and equipment with white spirits while still wet. If allowed to dry, remove with paint stripper. Wipe up any drips or runs immediately with a cloth soaked in white spirits. Dried Deks Olje D1 may be removed with Dilunett. Store and maintain equipment as directed by manufacturer.
Note: Any rags, steel wool etc. soaked in D1 may spontaneously catch ?re if improperly discarded. Rags, steel wool etc. must be saturated with water after use or placed in a sealed, water ?lled metal container, before disposing of it with household waste.
Regular washing with Net-Trol will help to maintain the appearance of Deks Olje D1. It will gradually lighten over time due to exposure to the sun and UV rays. When the wood has lightened to a light grey colour, it is time for a maintenance application. Clean the surface with Net-Trol and then apply Deks Olje D1 until the wood is saturated and the ?nish restored, usually 1 or 2 applications will be suf?cient.
Deks Olje D1 may soften some caulking. If in doubt consult us. The tannins and natural oils in woods such as Iroko impede the penetration and drying of finishes. These species of wood should be thoroughly prepared or allowed to weather for 12 months before applying Deks Olje D1. Contact us for preparation advice. If using on plywood – contact us first. Do not use Deks Olje D1 on thermo treated wood.
Things to Remember
Cover everything you do not wish to paint.
Apply between 5°C and 35°C.
Do not apply in direct sunlight or on to hot surfaces.
After spray application, always back-brush or back-roll to improve penetration and uniformity of coverage.
Download Product Datasheet here.
This item is currently not in stock but is available to preorder, with a lead time of up to 14 days.
Stock can move quickly, so this is just a suggestion of current levels, please phone the shop to confirm.
The ship to store service is based on Head Office sending stock to a branch.
If you wish to call & collect stock, please do so over the phone using the number provided.
|Nailsworth (Head Office)||0345 130 0710|
|Port Hamble||02380 454858|
|Southampton||02380 632 725|
- Good Availability
- Low Availability
- One item left
Jubilee Weekend Delivery: To ensure your order arrives before the extended Bank Holiday weekend please order before Friday the 27th of May using our £5.95 courier service, or before midday Tuesday 31st May using our £9.95 Next Working Day Service.
For orders using our £3.95 Royal Mail service or to Highlands and Islands postcodes please contact our Mail Order team for delivery timeframes
Our Mail Order team ship chandlery, yacht parts and sailing clothing around the world. We use the best value couriers available, and we will endeavour to get your products to you as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
International Orders: Due to delays we have had to suspend our international delivery options.
UK Standard Delivery
- UK Mainland 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- UK Mainland 1 - 25Kg £5.95 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- UK Mainland 25Kg+ Price on request
- UK Mainland Next Day 0 - 25Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature, orders must be placed before midday
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 1 - 25Kg £10.95 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 7-10 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 25Kg+ Price on request
- Channel Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £5.95 Royal Mail Service Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Channel Islands 1 - 25Kg £13.50 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Channel Islands 25Kg+ Price on request
UK Exceptional Delivery
- UK Mainland; Antifoul & paints £5.95
- UK Mainland; Inflatable dinghy £10.00
- UK Mainland; Liferafts £17.50
- UK Mainland; Flares £49.95
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Antifoul & paints £9.95
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Liferafts price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
- Channel Islands; Antifoul & paints £13.50
- Channel Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request Channel Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase, we will exchange or refund your goods in full, provided that the items are returned within 14 days of receipt.*
Please check the condition of goods on arrival - we are unable to accept goods damaged during shipping after 14 days.
Returned goods must be packaged securely, with all original packaging undamaged and in a saleable condition i.e. shoe boxes must be in the same condition as when received.
Goods must be unused and security seals intact.*
If you would like to return goods because they were ordered incorrectly or if clothing does not fit, return postage will be at your expense. If you would like us to replace the goods with another size or colour, we will charge carriage on the replacement.
Please be aware that some navigational and safety products may be dated, and as such a full refund may in some cases not be possible. If you are purchasing dated navigational charts we suggest you contact us for more information.
If you receive your goods and believe them to be faulty, please contact us straight away with a brief description of the problem. If we require you to return the product for a replacement, we will send you a pre-paid Royal Mail label for delivery back to us. Unfortuantely we cannot send the courier back to collect the items.
Returning goods to Force 4 is easy!
- Please contact us by ringing 0345 1300 710 or email on [email protected] This way we'll be able to determine whether you would like to return the product for a refund or whether you'd like to exchange the product. We are unable to process the return of faulty goods that we're not expecting.
- We'll then give you a returns number. This returns number will need to be clearly marked on the outside of your parcel so it can be identified on arrival. Please note, failure to mark a returns reference number on the outside of your parcel may result in a delay in processing your return.
- Don't forget your proof of postage, just in case!
- Once we receive the item we'll be able to proceed with a refund or an exchange.
*this excludes faulty goods with manufacturers defects. If goods are found to be faulty during use, after the returns period, please just give us a ring on 0345 1300 710 and we'll be happy to help.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Ask a question
Men's Size Guide
|To Fit Height||To Fit Chest|
|X SMALL||5'2" - 5'4"||34 - 36"|
|SMALL||5'5" - 5'7"||36 - 38"|
|MEDIUM||5'7" - 5'10"||38 - 40"|
|LARGE||5'11" - 6'1"||41 - 43"|
|X LARGE||6'1" - 6'3"||44 - 46"|
|XX LARGE||6'3" - 6'5"||46 - 48"|
|UK||EURO||MENS US||LADIES US|