IC-MA510TR AIS Transponder
- Delivery & Returns
- Questions & Answers
The MA-510TR is an all in one stand-alone unit that combines both AIS transponder and a sharp display in a compact design that features an attractive and easy to read the wide-angled colour screen, legible even in direct sunlight. The MA-510TR advanced AIS transponder boasts a whole host of important features including a navigation function that guides the operator to their destination, silent mode, USB-connectivity, man overboard navigation function and collision alarm function.
- Standalone AIS Transponder
- 4.3-inch-Wide Viewing Angle Colour TFT Display
- AIS Target List and Details
- Simplified Navigation Function
- Navigation to MOB Waypoint
- Individual DSC Call
- Collision Alarm Function
- Silent Mode for Security and Privacy
- NMEA 2000 & NMEA 0183 Connectivity
Standalone AIS Transponder
The MA-510TR is a compact standalone AIS transponder that can be installed in a convenient place near the chart table, in the wheelhouse, on the fly bridge or on a pedestal in the cockpit and would make an invaluable safety addition to small vessels, workboats or pleasure craft. The MA-510TR automatically receives information broadcast by other AIS-equipped vessel’s and base stations, all while your own vessel’s static and dynamic information is being transmitted. AIS signals may reach where radar cannot, showing AIS-equipped vessels that might otherwise be hidden, such as on the other side of an island, or behind a larger vessel. The MA-510TR increases your safety at sea.
4.3-inch-Wide Viewing Angle Colour TFT Display
The wide viewing, high-resolution 4.3-inch colour TFT display clearly shows your and other vessels’ positions. Dangerous vessels are shown in red and ships registered as your friends are shown in yellow. The day-mode display is readable in direct sunlight, and the night-mode display ensures good readability in the dark for further convenience.
AIS Target List and Details
The ‘Target’ list screen shows all detected AIS equipped vessels and targets. The ‘Danger’ list screen shows a list of vessels that are within six nautical miles of Closest Point of Approach (CPA) and sixty minutes of Time to Closest Point of Approach (TCPA) from your vessel. The ‘Friend’ list screen displays the detected AIS targets that you set as friends. When you want to see target details, select the target with the cursor keys and push the [ENT] key.
Simplified Navigation Function
The Navigation function guides you to a specified waypoint or AIS target. You can assign a maximum of 100 favourite locations or points of interest. The Navigation function is simply started by just selecting a waypoint or an AIS target on the display.
The MA-510TR features a ‘Target Filtering Function’ so if you have too many targets on screen you can find your desired target point by temporarily filtering out categories such as waypoints and friends.
Navigation to MOB Waypoint
The MA-510TR can assist you in finding a person who has fallen overboard. When the MOB button is pressed, the GPS automatically marks a waypoint at the current location allowing you to navigate to that MOB waypoint.
Individual DSC Call
You can transmit an individual DSC Call by merely selecting an AIS target and the voice channel on the MA-510TR*.
* A compatible Icom VHF radio (IC-M605EURO, IC-M506/GE, IC-M424G/E, IC-M400BB/BBE or IC-M330GE is required.)
Collision Alarm Function
When a vessel comes into the CPA or TCPA range, the vessel’s icon blinks on the plotter display and a beep sound is heard. When connected to external audio equipment installed on the chart table or fly bridge, the collision alarm function will alert you even when you are away from the AIS transponder.
Silent Mode for Security and Privacy
Silent mode switches off the AIS transmitter for security and privacy. This function is useful when you do not want to reveal your fishing spots to other vessels. You can receive other vessel’s AIS reports while the silent mode is ON.
NMEA 2000 & NMEA 0183 Connectivity
With the plug-and-play functionality of NMEA 2000™, the MA-510TR can connect to a NMEA 2000 network (an external plotter, marine radar and VHF radio). Using NMEA 0183/-HS connectivity, the transponder can connect to a transceiver, plotter device, marine radar or GPS receiver.
AIS data can be output from a USB cable connector on the rear panel*.
* A third party application and connection cable are required.
Supplied GPS Antenna
A 66 channel parallel GPS receiver with SBAS function is supplied as standard with the MA-510TR.
• Compatible with both 12 V and 24 V power sources
• Multi-lingual user interface (English, French, Indonesian, Spanish and Vietnamese)
• Anchor watch function sounds an alarm when your vessel is drifting when anchored.
• IPX7 waterproof protection (up to 1 m depth of water for 30 minutes; except connectors)
- Dimensions(mm): 110H x 166.2W x 92.5D
- Waterproof: IPX7
- Supply: 12V DC
- Max Current: 1.5A
- Weight: 700g
- GPS Antenna cable length: 10m
- AIS Antenna connection: PL259
In The Box
- MA-510TR AIS Transponder
- GPS antenna
- DC Power cable
- Mounting bracket
- NMEA 0183 cable
This item is currently not in stock but is available to preorder, with a lead time of up to 14 days.
Stock can move quickly, so this is just a suggestion of current levels, please phone the shop to confirm.
The ship to store service is based on Head Office sending stock to a branch.
If you wish to call & collect stock, please do so over the phone using the number provided.
|Nailsworth (Head Office)||0345 130 0710|
|Force 4 Chandlery Cardiff||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 23rd April 2021||02920 787190|
|Force 4 Chandlery Chichester||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 27th April 2021||01243 773788|
|Force 4 Chandlery Deacons||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 20th April 2021||02380 402182|
|Force 4 Chandlery Lymington||01590 673698|
|Force 4 Chandlery Plymouth||01752 548301|
|Force 4 Chandlery Poole||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 22nd April 2021||01202 723311|
|Force 4 Chandlery Poole Quay||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 22nd April 2021||01202673056|
|Force 4 Chandlery Port Hamble||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 27th April 2021||02380 454858|
|Force 4 Chandlery Southampton||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 22nd April 2021||02380 632 725|
|Concession & collection point Chichester||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 22nd April 2021||01243 773788|
- Good Availability
- Low Availability
- One item left
Our Mail Order team ship chandlery, yacht parts and sailing clothing around the world. We use the best value couriers available, and we will endeavour to get your products to you as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
International Orders: Due to delays we have had to suspend our international delivery options. We are currently only able to offer an Airmail service for orders under 2kg
UK Standard Delivery
- UK Mainland 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- UK Mainland 1 - 25Kg £5.95 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- UK Mainland 25Kg+ Price on request
- UK Mainland Next Day 0 - 25Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature, orders must be placed before midday
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 1 - 20Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
- Channel Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £5.95 Royal Mail Service Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Channel Islands 1 - 20Kg £13.50 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Channel Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
UK Exceptional Delivery
- UK Mainland; Antifoul & paints £5.95
- UK Mainland; Inflatable dinghy £10.00
- UK Mainland; Liferafts £17.50
- UK Mainland; Flares £20.00
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Antifoul & paints £9.95
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Liferafts price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
- Channel Islands; Antifoul & paints £13.50
- Channel Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request Channel Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase, we will exchange or refund your goods in full, provided that the items are returned within 14 days of receipt.*
Please check the condition of goods on arrival - we are unable to accept goods damaged during shipping after 14 days.
Returned goods must be packaged securely, with all original packaging undamaged and in a saleable condition i.e. shoe boxes must be in the same condition as when received.
Goods must be unused and security seals intact.*
If you would like to return goods because they were ordered incorrectly or if clothing does not fit, return postage will be at your expense. If you would like us to replace the goods with another size or colour, we will charge carriage on the replacement.
Please be aware that some navigational and safety products may be dated, and as such a full refund may in some cases not be possible. If you are purchasing dated navigational charts we suggest you contact us for more information.
If you receive your goods and believe them to be faulty, please contact us straight away with a brief description of the problem. If we require you to return the product for a replacement, we will send you a pre-paid Royal Mail label for delivery back to us. Unfortuantely we cannot send the courier back to collect the items.
Returning goods to Force 4 is easy!
- Please contact us by ringing 0345 1300 710 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org. This way we'll be able to determine whether you would like to return the product for a refund or whether you'd like to exchange the product. We are unable to process the return of faulty goods that we're not expecting.
- We'll then give you a returns number. This returns number will need to be clearly marked on the outside of your parcel so it can be identified on arrival. Please note, failure to mark a returns reference number on the outside of your parcel may result in a delay in processing your return.
- Don't forget your proof of postage, just in case!
- Once we receive the item we'll be able to proceed with a refund or an exchange.
*this excludes faulty goods with manufacturers defects. If goods are found to be faulty during use, after the returns period, please just give us a ring on 0345 1300 710 and we'll be happy to help.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Ask a question
Men's Size Guide
|To Fit Height||To Fit Chest|
|X SMALL||5'2" - 5'4"||34 - 36"|
|SMALL||5'5" - 5'7"||36 - 38"|
|MEDIUM||5'7" - 5'10"||38 - 40"|
|LARGE||5'11" - 6'1"||41 - 43"|
|X LARGE||6'1" - 6'3"||44 - 46"|
|XX LARGE||6'3" - 6'5"||46 - 48"|
|UK||EURO||MENS US||LADIES US|