Calypso Ultra Low Power Ultrasonic Wired Wind Meter
- Get it on Wednesday, 6th December if ordered within the next --:--:-- and select Next Day Delivery *UK Mainland Only
- This is a special order product and may experience shipping delays. Please call our Mail Order team to confirm delivery lead time.
- Ask a question
- Delivery & Returns
The Calypso Ultra-Low Power Wired Ultrasonic wind speed and wind direction meter (anemometer) is a reliable and extremely accurate wind speed and direction device with minimal power consumption. Just 70mm in diameter the sensor is designed to directly connect to NMEA 0183 chart plotters or to NMEA 2000 chart plotters via the Calypso NMEA Gateway.
Built using the latest solid-state ultrasonic technology the Calypso Ultra-Low Power Wired Sensor delivers many advantages over conventional cup and vane anemometers which have moving parts such as ball bearings that can bind with age or get easily damaged when hit by birds or fouled by ropes.
The ULP Wind Meter measures both wind speed (air velocity) and wind direction. The unique shape of the design minimises moisture build-up guaranteeing data accuracy even in heavy rain. Constructed from nylon polyamide the sensor is both robust and durable, perfect for harsh marine environments.
Requiring only 0,25mA @1Hz (RS485) the sensor is the perfect choice for power boats, cruising, and racing yachts.
The Calypso Ultra-Low Power Wired Anemometer can be directly wired to an NMEA 0183 chart plotter or display. If NMEA 2000 data protocol is required, then the sensor is simply connected to the Calypso NMEA Gateway that converts the data into NMEA 2000.
In addition, the Calypso NMEA Gateway has Bluetooth capability (Version 5.1), which allows data to be viewed by many ‘free to market’ iOS or Android Apps within 50m (line of sight) of the Gateway. Data can be saved and downloaded in Excel or .CSV format or mapped for later analysis and reporting. Wi-Fi capability also allows data to be additionally viewed using a laptop or tablet.
The Calypso Ultra-Low Power Wired Ultrasonic Anemometer can be easily mounted to a yachts mast using varied mounting options including, aluminium and carbon fibre masts (33cm & 1m lengths) and an L shaped offset mast mount.
The Calypso Ultra-Low Power Wired Ultrasonic Wind Meter is a perfect long-term solution for wind speed and wind direction monitoring for racing and cruising yachts, dayboats, powerboats and sports keelboats. Minimise maintenance, improve reliability and reduce weight by changing your current cup and vane sensor for a solid-state Calypso wind sensor.
- Wind speed and direction sensor.
- Solid-state ultrasonic sensor, maintenance free, no moving parts.
- Compact 70mm*70mm
- Lightweight only 130-240 grams
- NMEA0183 communication protocol as standard.
- NMEA2000 signal conversion via Calypso NMEA Gateway
- Durable & IP68 waterproof rated, submersion below one meter and for more than 30 minutes
- Varied and easy mounting options
- Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity, 50m line of sight via Calypso NMEA Gateway
- Calypso NMEA Gateway is compatible with a wide range of iOS and Android Apps including Calypso Anemotracker, iRegatta, eStela, Sail Racer, EDO Sailing Instruments, Sailgrib, qtVLm Navigation and Routing, Tactiqs and more.
- App functionality only available when using Calypso NMEA Gateway
- App functionality varies with selected App
- Apparent wind speed and direction.
- Real wind speed and direction (if used on boat).
- Tracking of your wind data and export to excel or Google Earth.
- Data graphing functions.
- Velocity Made Good calculations.
- Configuration of units of measurement: m/s, km/h, knots.
- Wind direction adjustable damping.
- Threshold alarm, direction offset, map mode, etc...
- Sensor firmware upgrade using the Calypso Upgrader App
- Supply: 3.3-18 Vdc
- Power consumption: 0.25ma
- Wind speed range: 0.5-25m/s
- Wind speed accuracy: 0.1m/s at 10 m/s
- Wind direction range: 0 -359deg
- Wind accuracy: +/- 1%
- Sample rate: 1Hz
- Output: NMEA 0183 (RS 485)
- Cable length: 2m
- Baudrate: 2400 to 115200 bauds
- Output rate: 0.1to 10 Hz
- Waterproof: IPX8
- Weight: 210g
- Dimensions (mm): 68 diameter x 65 height
- Mounting: 3 x M4 female thread
In the Box
- Ultrasonic ULP wind meter
- M4 headless screw x 6
- M4 screw x 3
This item is currently not in stock but is available to preorder, with a lead time of up to 14 days.
Stock can move quickly, so this is just a suggestion of current levels, please phone the shop to confirm.
The ship to store service is based on Head Office sending stock to a branch.
If you wish to call & collect stock, please do so over the phone using the number provided.
|Cardiff||Not currently in stock||02920 220929|
|Chichester||Not currently in stock||01243 773788|
|Deacons||Not currently in stock||02380 402182|
|Lymington||Not currently in stock||01590 673698|
|Plymouth||Not currently in stock||01752 548301|
|Poole||Not currently in stock||01202 723311|
|Port Hamble||02380 454858|
|Southampton||Not currently in stock||02380 632 725|
|Gloucestershire (Distribution Hub)||0345 130 0710|
- Good Availability
- Low Availability
- One item left
Royal Mail Service Update: Please be aware when choosing Royal Mail as your preferred delivery method, your delivery time may be impacted by ongoing strikes and may take up to 20 working days. If your order is time critical we suggest choosing a courier or Next Day Service
Our Mail Order team ship chandlery, yacht parts and sailing clothing around the world. We use the best value couriers available, and we will endeavour to get your products to you as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
International Orders: Due to delays we have had to suspend our international delivery options.
UK Standard Delivery
- UK Mainland 0 - 2Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 7-10 working days for orders under £50.00
- UK Mainland up to 25Kg £5.95 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 7-10 working days
- UK Mainland 25Kg+ Price on request
- UK Mainland Next Day 0 - 25Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature, orders must be placed before midday
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 0 - 2Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days for orders under £50.00
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 1 - 25Kg £10.95 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 7-10 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 25Kg+ Price on request
- Channel Islands 0 - 2Kg (small jiffy) £5.95 Royal Mail Service Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days for orders under £50.00
- Channel Islands 1 - 25Kg £13.50 Courier service with signature. Despatch within 3- 5 working days, delivery in 5-7 working days
- Channel Islands 25Kg+ Price on request
UK Exceptional Delivery
- UK Mainland; Antifoul & paints £5.95
- UK Mainland; Inflatable dinghy £10.00
- UK Mainland; Liferafts £17.50
- UK Mainland; Flares £49.95
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Antifoul & paints £9.95
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Liferafts price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
- Channel Islands; Antifoul & paints £13.50
- Channel Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request Channel Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase, we will exchange or refund your goods in full, provided that the items are returned within 14 days of receipt.*
Please check the condition of goods on arrival - we are unable to accept goods damaged during shipping after 14 days.
Returned goods must be packaged securely, with all original packaging undamaged and in a saleable condition i.e. shoe boxes must be in the same condition as when received.
Goods must be unused and security seals intact.*
If you would like to return goods because they were ordered incorrectly or if clothing does not fit, return postage will be at your expense. If you would like us to replace the goods with another size or colour, we will charge carriage on the replacement.
Please be aware that some navigational and safety products may be dated, and as such a full refund may in some cases not be possible. If you are purchasing dated navigational charts we suggest you contact us for more information.
If you receive your goods and believe them to be faulty, please contact us straight away with a brief description of the problem. If we require you to return the product for a replacement, we will send you a pre-paid Royal Mail label for delivery back to us. Unfortuantely we cannot send the courier back to collect the items.
Returning goods to Force 4 is easy!
- Please contact us by ringing 0345 1300 710 or email on [email protected]. This way we'll be able to determine whether you would like to return the product for a refund or whether you'd like to exchange the product. We are unable to process the return of faulty goods that we're not expecting.
- We'll then give you a returns number. This returns number will need to be clearly marked on the outside of your parcel so it can be identified on arrival. Please note, failure to mark a returns reference number on the outside of your parcel may result in a delay in processing your return.
- Don't forget your proof of postage, just in case!
- Once we receive the item we'll be able to proceed with a refund or an exchange.
*this excludes faulty goods with manufacturers defects. If goods are found to be faulty during use, after the returns period, please just give us a ring on 0345 1300 710 and we'll be happy to help.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Ask a question
Men's Size Guide
|To Fit Height||To Fit Chest|
|X SMALL||5'2" - 5'4"||34 - 36"|
|SMALL||5'5" - 5'7"||36 - 38"|
|MEDIUM||5'7" - 5'10"||38 - 40"|
|LARGE||5'11" - 6'1"||41 - 43"|
|X LARGE||6'1" - 6'3"||44 - 46"|
|XX LARGE||6'3" - 6'5"||46 - 48"|
|UK||EURO||MENS US||LADIES US|