Vulcan 9 Sailing Chartplotter & 3G Radar
Sorry this item is no longer available
- Delivery & Returns
B&G Vulcan 9 FS: 9 INCH Multifunction display with 3G radar bundle. Super high-bright multi touch screen with built in NMEA 2000, GPS, Wi-Fi and ForwardScan (optional transducer required) .
The B&G Vulcan9 FS Display is a powerful all-in-one Chart plotter and depth sounder for mid sized sail boats. Vulcan9 FS incorporates B&G’s forward looking collision avoidance sonar technology for safe passage making in areas where chart accuracy is uncertain. Vulcan9 will also connect to B&G sailing instruments and autopilot systems for a fully integrated electronics package. No physical buttons and low profile mounting options makes Vulcan9 one of the cleanest and most integrated looking navigation device for aftermarket installs. Combine this with an extensive set of advanced sailing software features inherited from it’s bigger brother, the Zeus2, and the Vulcan 9 is the go-to standalone navigation display for the aspiring sailor.
The B&G 3G broadband radar offers superior target definition and unparalleled close range performance using FMCW (Frequency modulated continuous wave) technology.
Broadband radar differs to conventional pulsed radar by having separate transmit and receive antennae and almost continuously transmits (at a lower power than pulsed radar) and receives. Traditional pulsed radar uses one antenna to both transmit and receive; the radar transmits a high power short pulse, then switches off the transmitter to listen for the return pulse.
- Easy to use multi-touch user interface
- Glass dash styling
- Radar integration
- Built in Wi-Fi connectivity
- Built in 10 Hz, high sensitivity GPS antenna
- Dual Micro SD card slots
- Built in echosounder (Broadband & Chirp - transducer not included)
- Built in ForwardScan sonar (transducer not included)
- Advanced NMEA2000 networking
- GRIB Weather support
- H5000 system integration
- SailSteer, Laylines with Sailing Time, WindPlot
- Compatible with Navionics+, Navionics Platinum+ & C-map Max-N, Max-N+
- No blind spot as associated with pulse radar transmit/receive switching
- Superior target separation
- Unrivalled short range performance with a 1/32nm range
- No magnetron 2 minute warm up. Instant on in less than 16 seconds.
- Emission safe - with less harmful x-band radiation than traditional pulse radar.
- Low power consumption
- MARPA Target Tracking: Track up to 10 targets. Requires a heading sensor.*
- Radar/Chart Overlay: Merges radar with cartography in a detail-rich display.*
- High-Speed Mode: Select 36 RPM for almost instant updating at less than 2 nm.
- Dual Guard Zones: Protect yourself from more angles.
- Display Size: 9 inch Widescreen
- Display Resolution (pixels): 800 x 480
- GPS: Built in 10Hz
- Operating Temperature: -15 to +55 Deg C
- Waterproof Standard: IPX7
- Dimensions (mm): 243W x 83D x171H
- Weight: 1.32 kg
- Power consumption: 12W @13.8V
- Power Supply: 12V DC
- Ports: NMEA2000, Radar, Sonar
- Range 28nm
- Mounting Bolts 4x30xM8 - 304 stainless steel
- Waterproof Standard IPX6
- Height: 280 mm \ 11 in
- Diameter: 488 mm \ 19.2 in
- Weight: 7.4 kg \ 16.31 lbs.
- Humidity: +35°C (95°F) 95% RH
- Operating Temperature -25° to +55°C (-13° to +130°F)
- Power Supply: 9V to 31.2Vdc (12/24 Volt systems) Reverse polarity protection vDC
- Power Consumption: 18W (Typ.) @ 13.8Vdc
- Power Consumption Standby 2W (Typ.) @ 13.8Vdc – only 150ma
In the Box
- Vulcan 9 FS
- Gimbal Mounting Bracket
- Dash Mounting Kit
- 2m Power Cable
- B&G 3G radar
- 20m Radar interconnection (9mm diameter) cable
- RI10 interface box
- 6ft ethernet cable
This item is currently not in stock but is available to preorder, with a lead time of up to 14 days.
This item has been discontinued and is not available to purchase.
Our Mail Order team ship chandlery, yacht parts and sailing clothing around the world. We use the best value couriers available, and we will endeavour to get your products to you as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
UK Standard Delivery
- UK Mainland 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service 3- 5 working days
- UK Mainland 1 - 25Kg £5.95 Courier service with signature 3- 5 working days
- UK Mainland 25Kg+ Price on request
- UK Mainland Next Day 0 - 25Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service 3- 5 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 1 - 20Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature 3- 5 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
- Channel Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £5.95 Royal Mail Service 3- 5 working days
- Channel Islands 1 - 20Kg £13.50 Courier service with signature 3- 5 working days
- Channel Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
UK Exceptional Delivery
- UK Mainland; Antifoul & paints £5.95
- UK Mainland; Inflatable dinghy £10.00
- UK Mainland; Liferafts £17.50
- UK Mainland; Flares £20.00
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Antifoul & paints £9.95
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Liferafts price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
- Channel Islands; Antifoul & paints £13.50
- Channel Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request Channel Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase, we will exchange or refund your goods in full, provided that the items are returned within 14 days of receipt.*
Please check the condition of goods on arrival - we are unable to accept goods damaged during shipping after 14 days.
Returned goods must be packaged securely, with all original packaging undamaged and in a saleable condition i.e. shoe boxes must be in the same condition as when received.
Goods must be unused and security seals intact.*
If you would like to return goods because they were ordered incorrectly or if clothing does not fit, return postage will be at your expense. If you would like us to replace the goods with another size or colour, we will charge carriage on the replacement.
Please be aware that some navigational and safety products may be dated, and as such a full refund may in some cases not be possible. If you are purchasing dated navigational charts we suggest you contact us for more information.
If you receive your goods and believe them to be faulty, please contact us straight away with a brief description of the problem. If we require you to return the product for a replacement, we will send you a pre-paid Royal Mail label for delivery back to us. Unfortuantely we cannot send the courier back to collect the items.
Returning goods to Force 4 is easy!
- Please contact us by ringing 0345 1300 710 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org. This way we'll be able to determine whether you would like to return the product for a refund or whether you'd like to exchange the product. We are unable to process the return of faulty goods that we're not expecting.
- We'll then give you a returns number. This returns number will need to be clearly marked on the outside of your parcel so it can be identified on arrival. Please note, failure to mark a returns reference number on the outside of your parcel may result in a delay in processing your return.
- Don't forget your proof of postage, just in case!
- Once we receive the item we'll be able to proceed with a refund or an exchange.
*this excludes faulty goods with manufacturers defects. If goods are found to be faulty during use, after the returns period, please just give us a ring on 0345 1300 710 and we'll be happy to help.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Ask a question
Men's Size Guide
|To Fit Height||To Fit Chest|
|X SMALL||5'2" - 5'4"||34 - 36"|
|SMALL||5'5" - 5'7"||36 - 38"|
|MEDIUM||5'7" - 5'10"||38 - 40"|
|LARGE||5'11" - 6'1"||41 - 43"|
|X LARGE||6'1" - 6'3"||44 - 46"|
|X LARGE||6'3" - 6'5"||46 - 48"|
|UK||EURO||MENS US||LADIES US|