Harbour Manoeuvres Step-By-Step
Using bird’s eye photographs, this book will show a helmsman exactly where to position their boat and what action to apply to a wheel, tiller or throttle lever in order to place it there. With no brakes, and often with wind and tide to contend with, it can be a tricky exercise.
Harbour Manoeuvres Step by Step will act as an instructor alongside the novice or nervous experienced helmsman & covers in great detail everything needed to master this essential skill.
Situations covered include:
• Berthing alongside with an onshore or an offshore wind
• Using a favourable or a contrary tide
• Coping with both wind and tide acting together or against each other when berthing
• Mooring & casting off under sail as well as power
• Berthing at mooring posts or against a wall
• Springing off a pontoon
• Towing & being towed
• Paperback, 144 pages, 210 x 280mm