WatchMate XB-8000 Smart AIS Transponder
- Delivery & Returns
More than just an AIS transponder, the XB-8000 is the world’s first black box Class B AIS transponder with smartAIS alarms. These alarms are proactively triggered in case of potential collisions, man overboard or anchor drag situations. Monitor navigation instrument data and receive alarms on your smartphone, tablet or smartwatch over WiFi anywhere on board. The smartAIS alarms are active even if your connected devices are switched off as it includes an external alarm and switch that can be mounted anywhere on board for easy access. Th XB-8000 also has a built in NMEA gateway that translates NMEA 2000 navigation data and routes it over WiFi, USB or NMEA 0183.
- High-performance dual channel Class B AIS transponder
- smartAIS alarms for potential collisions, man overboard and anchor drag situations
- External alarm and switch that can be mounted anywhere for convenient access
- WiFi access to up to five devices
- Universal compatibility with all brands of MFDs and marine equipment
- Free WatchMate App to remote control your transponder using iOS and Android smartphones and tablets
- Free deckWatch App to remote control your transponder using Android Wear 2 Smartwatches
- 50 channel built-in GPS receiver with high speed 5Hz update rate and WAAS/ EGNOS for higher resolution and smoother tracking of AIS targets
- Includes an external GPS antenna.
- NMEA 2000 Gateway translates NMEA 2000 navigation instrument data to WiFi, USB and NMEA 0183 devices.
- Upgradable AIS platform with firmware updates directly from your smartphone or tablet using the WatchMate App.
- Low power consumption: Keeps it always on, always visible, always watching.
- Galvanically isolated USB and NMEA ports protect your transponder and connected equipment from high current damage.
- Fully waterproof IPx7 rating, so it can be safely mounted anywhere.
Navionics announced that AIS from Vesper Marine's smartAIS transponders is now available on their app for Android and IOS devices. The World's No 1 Navigation App has introduced this feature to enable boaters to view Class A and Class B vessels and Aids to Navigation (AtoN) directly on the App’s nautical maps for enhanced situational awareness.
Vesper Marine AIS overlay is available for all active subscribers of Navionics. To view AIS, update your Navionics App and connect the App to the WiFi of the Vesper Marine smartAIS transponder and targets are visible on your charts in real time.
SAFETY UNDERWAY - Collision Prevention Continuously determine crossing situations, receive collision alarms with full vessel information for critical action.
SAFETY AT ANCHOR - Anchor Watch Sleep soundly, knowing you’ll be alerted if your anchor is dragging.
SAFETY FOR YOUR CREW - Man Overboard Be alerted when your crew activate an AIS MOB device and see their current location for easy retrieval
NMEA Gateway, Wi-Fi and GPS
WatchMate XB-8000 translates NMEA 2000 instrument data such as heading, wind, depth, speed, log, and temperature. This allows you to view this data, along with GPS and AIS information, simultaneously on up to five WiFi devices (tablets, smart phones, computers) as well as computers via USB or plotters using NMEA 0183. For more than five mobile devices or to combine with on-board internet the XB-8000 can wirelessly connect to other WiFi routers.
External Alarm and Switch Settings
While the WatchMate XB-8000 is often mounted behind an instrument panel, its powerful external alarm and switch can be mounted anywhere on board at a convenient location where you can access it.
The external alarm and switch is primarily used to sound an alarm when smartAIS detects a collision situation, if your anchor drags or if there is a man overboard activation. The alarm sounds even if the MFD, plotter or mobile device is turned off. The alarm can be silenced by pressing the external switch.
XB-8000 consumes very low power which makes it most effective when power is limited in resource or needs to be conserved.
While cruising, the XB-8000 sounds the alarm in case of a potential collision or a man overboard situation, even when all other equipment like MFDs or mobile devices are switched off. While at anchor, you can sleep soundly knowing fully well that the smartAIS transponder watches out for anchor drag or man overboard situations and sounds the alarm without needing any other equipment.
Vesper Marine is compatible with all the leading brands of marine equipment and MFDs including Humminbird, Raymarine, Garmin, Furuno, B&G, Lowrance, Simrad and many more.
Free WatchMate App for Smartphones/tablets
- View AIS Targets received by the Vesper Marine AIS transponder.
- Setup and manage collision prevention alarm profiles.
- Manage MOB alarms.
- Control and view Anchor Watch alarm.
- View the AIS transponder’s own GPS Position, Course and Speed.
- Check the operational status of the vessel’s AIS transponder.
- Remote control of AIS transponder settings.
- Switch easily between Silent Mode and Normal Transmitting mode.
- Configure the Vessel’s AIS data (MMSI, Call Sign, Vessel Type, Vessel Size)
- Perform firmware updates.
- Compact low profile unit can be placed in any orientation
- All cable connection points are contained within the footprint of the unit
- External GPS antenna is included with small cable connector facilitating easy routing through holes and conduits
- Standard VHF antenna connection does not require special cables or connectors
- Fully NMEA 2000 certified for compatibility
- Interface with any devices over NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000, WiFi and USB
- Convenient remote configuration and troubleshooting via smart phone/tablet using WiFi
- SIZE 200mm wide x 130mm high x 60mm depth 7 7/8” x 5 1/8” x 2 3/8”)
- POWER SUPPLY 10-32 VDC 2A max, 3W nominal
- ENVIRONMENTAL Watertight (IPx7)
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE -25°C to +55°C (-13°F to 131°F)
- GPS DIFFERENTIAL SUPPORT SBAS: WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN
- GPS NAVIGATION RATE Selectable 1Hz or 5Hz with magnetic variation included in output
- SERIAL DATA 1 USB port (isolated), 1 NMEA input (isolated RS422), 1 NMEA output (RS422)
- USB CONNECTOR Mini USB (USB 2.0)
- NMEA 2000 CONNECTOR NMEA 2000 Micro-C male. Requires female drop cable (not included)
- WIRELESS 802.11 b/g in Access Point or Client Mode
- ACCESS POINT SECURITY WPA2 Personal
- CLIENT MODE SECURITY None, WPA & WPA2 Personal
In The Box
- XB-8000 AIS Transponder
- External GPS with 10m cable and base mount
- Watchmate external Alarm and mute switch kit
- 1m USB configuration cable
- 2m Power &data cable
- Installation documentation
This item is currently not in stock but is available to preorder, with a lead time of up to 14 days.
Stock can move quickly, so this is just a suggestion of current levels, please phone the shop to confirm.
The ship to store service is based on Head Office sending stock to a branch.
If you wish to call & collect stock, please do so over the phone using the number provided.
|Nailsworth (Head Office)||0345 130 0710|
|Force 4 Chandlery Cardiff||02920 787190|
|Force 4 Chandlery Chichester||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 2nd February 2021||01243 773788|
|Force 4 Chandlery Deacons||02380 402182|
|Force 4 Chandlery Lymington||01590 673698|
|Force 4 Chandlery Plymouth||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 3rd February 2021||01752 548301|
|Force 4 Chandlery Poole||01202 723311|
|Force 4 Chandlery Poole Quay||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 28th January 2021||01202673056|
|Force 4 Chandlery Port Hamble||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 2nd February 2021||02380 454858|
|Force 4 Chandlery Southampton||02380 632 725|
|Concession & collection point Chichester||Not currently in stock - available to ship to store by 28th January 2021||01243 773788|
- Good Availability
- Low Availability
- One item left
Our Mail Order team ship chandlery, yacht parts and sailing clothing around the world. We use the best value couriers available, and we will endeavour to get your products to you as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
UK Standard Delivery
- UK Mainland 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service 3- 5 working days
- UK Mainland 1 - 25Kg £5.95 Courier service with signature 3- 5 working days
- UK Mainland 25Kg+ Price on request
- UK Mainland Next Day 0 - 25Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service 3- 5 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 1 - 20Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature 3- 5 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
- Channel Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £5.95 Royal Mail Service 3- 5 working days
- Channel Islands 1 - 20Kg £13.50 Courier service with signature 3- 5 working days
- Channel Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
UK Exceptional Delivery
- UK Mainland; Antifoul & paints £5.95
- UK Mainland; Inflatable dinghy £10.00
- UK Mainland; Liferafts £17.50
- UK Mainland; Flares £20.00
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Antifoul & paints £9.95
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Liferafts price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
- Channel Islands; Antifoul & paints £13.50
- Channel Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request Channel Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase, we will exchange or refund your goods in full, provided that the items are returned within 14 days of receipt.*
Please check the condition of goods on arrival - we are unable to accept goods damaged during shipping after 14 days.
Returned goods must be packaged securely, with all original packaging undamaged and in a saleable condition i.e. shoe boxes must be in the same condition as when received.
Goods must be unused and security seals intact.*
If you would like to return goods because they were ordered incorrectly or if clothing does not fit, return postage will be at your expense. If you would like us to replace the goods with another size or colour, we will charge carriage on the replacement.
Please be aware that some navigational and safety products may be dated, and as such a full refund may in some cases not be possible. If you are purchasing dated navigational charts we suggest you contact us for more information.
If you receive your goods and believe them to be faulty, please contact us straight away with a brief description of the problem. If we require you to return the product for a replacement, we will send you a pre-paid Royal Mail label for delivery back to us. Unfortuantely we cannot send the courier back to collect the items.
Returning goods to Force 4 is easy!
- Please contact us by ringing 0345 1300 710 or email on email@example.com. This way we'll be able to determine whether you would like to return the product for a refund or whether you'd like to exchange the product. We are unable to process the return of faulty goods that we're not expecting.
- We'll then give you a returns number. This returns number will need to be clearly marked on the outside of your parcel so it can be identified on arrival. Please note, failure to mark a returns reference number on the outside of your parcel may result in a delay in processing your return.
- Don't forget your proof of postage, just in case!
- Once we receive the item we'll be able to proceed with a refund or an exchange.
*this excludes faulty goods with manufacturers defects. If goods are found to be faulty during use, after the returns period, please just give us a ring on 0345 1300 710 and we'll be happy to help.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Ask a question
Men's Size Guide
|To Fit Height||To Fit Chest|
|X SMALL||5'2" - 5'4"||34 - 36"|
|SMALL||5'5" - 5'7"||36 - 38"|
|MEDIUM||5'7" - 5'10"||38 - 40"|
|LARGE||5'11" - 6'1"||41 - 43"|
|X LARGE||6'1" - 6'3"||44 - 46"|
|X LARGE||6'3" - 6'5"||46 - 48"|
|UK||EURO||MENS US||LADIES US|