Fastfind 220 V2 PLB with ReturnLink
- Delivery & Returns
- Questions & Answers
McMurdo Fastfind 220 V2 PLB with ReturnLink - A PLB that now tells you that your distress signal has actually been received. It does this by means of a small blue flashing light, giving you complete reassurance in an emergency situation.
A new type of lifesaving distress beacon, the FastFind ReturnLink PLB, utilises unique functionality generated by Galileo satellite constellations Return Link Service to send a signal back to the FastFind ReturnLink beacon confirming the users 406MHz distress alert has been received and Galileo GNSS location coordinates have been detected. The FastFind RLS is built to last and backed up by a 5 year warranty (registration required).
- RLS: the first of a new range of SAR beacons that receive a reassurance signal confirming distress alert and location have been received by the search and rescue authorities
- Multi Constellation GNSS: Building on Orolia’s leadership in innovative location detection technology, FastFind Returnlink incorporates both Galileo and GPS GNSS services
- Multiple Attach Points: PLB come with belt attachable buoyancy pouch and life jacket oral tube clip attachments
- Floats: with provided buoyancy pouch
- Free to use: No subscription
- Power Assurance: 5-year battery life
- Waterproof: to 10m
- Lights: SOS Morse LED flash light & RLS Reassurance blue flashing light
- Practical: Safe-stow antenna and 3 stage activation
How Does ReturnLink (RLS) Work?
By utilising the new Galileo sattelite constellation, ReturnLink now allows for two-way communication between the PLB and the sattelites. With previous generation PLBs, a signal was sent to the sattelite, but the sattelite was unable to return a signal to confirm receipt of the signal. With the new Gallileo satellites the PLB can receive a return signal from the sattelite, confirming that the signal has been safetly received - a real comfort in a resue situation.
What Happens Once Activated?
FastFind ReturnLink transmits and receives multiple signals simultaneously. When activated it;
- Transmits 406 MHz distress signal via the original Cospas Sarsat to global professional emergency service.
- Receives GNSS coordinates from Galileo and GPS satellites and transmits with 406MHz signal to regularly update location.
- Once location detection is confirmed, the PLB receives Galileo RLS signal and activates blue light (after approx. 15mins) to tell the user the signal was received.
- Transits 121.5 MHz Homing signal to accelerate local recovery - many lifeboats and aircraft can home in on this signal.
FastFind ReturnLink PLB Specification
- Standards: COSPAS-SARSAT T.001/T.007 class2, RTCM 11010.3 ETSI EN 302152-1, AS/NZS 4280.2, NSS-PLB11
- Sealing depth: Immersion to 10 m (30 ft) for 5 minutes
- Operating temperature: -20 to +55 °C (-4 to + 131 °F)
- Storage temperature: -30 to +70 °C (-22 to +158 °F)
- Altitude: 12,192 m (40,000 ft)
- Buoyancy Category: 2, will not float (but optional buoyancy pouch is provided in box)
- Battery type: Lithium Manganese
- Transmit duration: Over 24 hours @ -20 °C (-4 °F)
- Battery life: (storage) Minimum 5 years
- Battery replacement: Requires service centre (not user replaceable)
- Battery Use: Logged by microprocessor
- Transmitter Frequency: 406.031 MHz (alert) / 121.5 MHz (homer)
- Transmitter Power: 5 W (alert) / 50 mW (homer) nominal
- Unique ID Number: Factory or dealer programmed
- GNSS Receiver: GPS(L1)+GALILEO(E1), 72 channel, ceramic patch antenna
- Size: (D x W x L) 36 x 50 x 112 mm (1.42 x 1.97 x 4.41 in)
- Weight: 164 g (5.8 oz)
- Indicator Light: High brightness LED signal light
- RLS Light: Blue LED
- SOS flash light: Morse code SOS flash pattern
- Activation: Manual, three stage (remove top, extend antenna, press 'on' button)
- Self-test: Tests transmitters, battery and light
- Standard Compass Safe Distance: 1 m (3 ft)
- Warranty: 1 year (+ 4 years with online registration)
This item is currently not in stock but is available to preorder, with a lead time of up to 14 days.
Stock can move quickly, so this is just a suggestion of current levels, please phone the shop to confirm.
The ship to store service is based on Head Office sending stock to a branch.
If you wish to call & collect stock, please do so over the phone using the number provided.
This item is currently not available to purchase.
Our Mail Order team ship chandlery, yacht parts and sailing clothing around the world. We use the best value couriers available, and we will endeavour to get your products to you as quickly and as cost effectively as possible.
UK Standard Delivery
- UK Mainland 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service 3- 5 working days
- UK Mainland 1 - 25Kg £5.95 Courier service with signature 3- 5 working days
- UK Mainland 25Kg+ Price on request
- UK Mainland Next Day 0 - 25Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £3.95 Royal Mail Service 3- 5 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 1 - 20Kg £9.95 Courier service with signature 3- 5 working days
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
- Channel Islands 0 - 1Kg (small jiffy) £5.95 Royal Mail Service 3- 5 working days
- Channel Islands 1 - 20Kg £13.50 Courier service with signature 3- 5 working days
- Channel Islands 20Kg+ Price on request
UK Exceptional Delivery
- UK Mainland; Antifoul & paints £5.95
- UK Mainland; Inflatable dinghy £10.00
- UK Mainland; Liferafts £17.50
- UK Mainland; Flares £20.00
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Antifoul & paints £9.95
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Liferafts price on request
- Northern Ireland, Highlands & Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
- Channel Islands; Antifoul & paints £13.50
- Channel Islands; Inflatable dinghy price on request Channel Islands; Flares not available to ship at this time
If you are not entirely happy with your purchase, we will exchange or refund your goods in full, provided that the items are returned within 14 days of receipt.*
Please check the condition of goods on arrival - we are unable to accept goods damaged during shipping after 14 days.
Returned goods must be packaged securely, with all original packaging undamaged and in a saleable condition i.e. shoe boxes must be in the same condition as when received.
Goods must be unused and security seals intact.*
If you would like to return goods because they were ordered incorrectly or if clothing does not fit, return postage will be at your expense. If you would like us to replace the goods with another size or colour, we will charge carriage on the replacement.
Please be aware that some navigational and safety products may be dated, and as such a full refund may in some cases not be possible. If you are purchasing dated navigational charts we suggest you contact us for more information.
If you receive your goods and believe them to be faulty, please contact us straight away with a brief description of the problem. If we require you to return the product for a replacement, we will send you a pre-paid Royal Mail label for delivery back to us. Unfortuantely we cannot send the courier back to collect the items.
Returning goods to Force 4 is easy!
- Please contact us by ringing 0345 1300 710 or email on email@example.com. This way we'll be able to determine whether you would like to return the product for a refund or whether you'd like to exchange the product. We are unable to process the return of faulty goods that we're not expecting.
- We'll then give you a returns number. This returns number will need to be clearly marked on the outside of your parcel so it can be identified on arrival. Please note, failure to mark a returns reference number on the outside of your parcel may result in a delay in processing your return.
- Don't forget your proof of postage, just in case!
- Once we receive the item we'll be able to proceed with a refund or an exchange.
*this excludes faulty goods with manufacturers defects. If goods are found to be faulty during use, after the returns period, please just give us a ring on 0345 1300 710 and we'll be happy to help.
Please alert me via email when this product is back in stock.
Ask a question
Men's Size Guide
|To Fit Height||To Fit Chest|
|X SMALL||5'2" - 5'4"||34 - 36"|
|SMALL||5'5" - 5'7"||36 - 38"|
|MEDIUM||5'7" - 5'10"||38 - 40"|
|LARGE||5'11" - 6'1"||41 - 43"|
|X LARGE||6'1" - 6'3"||44 - 46"|
|XX LARGE||6'3" - 6'5"||46 - 48"|
|UK||EURO||MENS US||LADIES US|