How To Escape The Rat Race And Live The Dream
- Author Nicola Rodriguez dared to dream the impossible—seeing the world with her family of four. With careful planning (and the gift of yachting equipment), her dream came true, allowing her to travel by yacht for four years while raising her family. In Sail Away, she offers practical guidance for the would-be adventurer, including choosing a boat, planning a round-the-world route, as well as a realistic look at the pros and cons of living on a boat. With information on safety, communications, children, insurance, and budgeting, this helpful guide will show anyone how to start their once in a lifetime journey.
With careful guidance on each step of the preparation process, the book also includes extensive information on routes and destinations around Europe, the Caribbean, the Pacific, and beyond.
• Includes only tried-and-tested advice-based on the author's own experience as well as many others she met in her travels
• Offers advice on coping with life ashore at the end of your adventure
• The author is a respected yachting journalist, who contributes to Yachting Monthly, Yachting World, and Sail magazines
• Illustrated with beautiful photographs taken by Nicola's husband, John
Whether you're opting to cash in your savings, making use of your pension, or taking a sabbatical from your daily routine, this inspirational, practical guide shows you how to take the plunge and Sail Away.