HX870E Floating Class D DSC Handheld VHF Wi
The radio is designed to be a work horse, starting with the die-cast chassis and the IPX8 submersible waterproof rating of 4.92 feet for 30 minutes, to the 6 watts of transmit power and the long lasting 1800 mAh Li-Ion battery. The HX870 is also capable of entering and saving up to 200 waypoints and 20 routes, which may be selected for navigating to via the radios unique compass page which shows your vessels SOG, COG, BRG (Bearing) and DST (Distance) to the waypoint. The compass page can also display the position of up to 9 vessels in proximity to you via the new GM (Group Monitoring) feature.
Advanced features include: Full dot matrix display with channel names, Position request and Position report, 10 channel preset key selection, USB Data Port, GPS Position Logger, water activated SOS strobe light (the radio will turn on and flash SOS even if dropped in the water while the radio is turned off), NOAA Weather with Weather Alert, programmable Memory and Priority Scan, Dual and Tri Watch scan functions. Supplied with a high capacity1800 mAh Li-Ion Battery, 230VAC and 12VDC 3-hour quick chargers, and an Alkaline Battery Tray (AAAx5). The HX870 is backed by an industry leading 3-year waterproof warranty.
• Meets ITU-R M493-13 Class D DSC (Digital Selective Calling)
• Separate Receiver for CH70 (Receiving DSC Calls)
• Integrated 66 Channel WAAS GPS receiver
• Navigate to a DSC Distress Call with Compass Page
• GM (Group Monitor) using DSC Group Position Call
• DSC Test Call and Auto DSC Channel Change Selection
• Automatically poll the GPS position of a ship using DSC
• Enter, Save, and Navigate to a waypoint with Compass Page
• MOB (Man Over Board) Function
• Water Activated Emergency Strobe Light even when the radio is turned off
• 6W Transmit Power
• Navigation (LAT/LON, SOG, and COG) information shown on display
• Submersible IPX8 waterproof rating (1.5M or 4.92 feet for 30 minutes)
• Noise-canceling Function for both transmit and receive audio
• All International/USA and Canadian Marine Channels
• UK M1 & M2 Channels
• ATIS mode for European Inland Waterways
• USB Data Port – NMEA Output DSC, DSE, GLL, RMC, GSA, GSV and GGA (9600 baud)
• Programmable Scan, Priority Scan, and Dual and Tri Watch
• Preset key used to recall up to 10 favorite channels
• Supplied with a 1800 mAh Li-Ion Battery, 110VAC and 12VDC 3-hour quick chargers
• Alkaline Battery Tray
• Weight: 322g
*As rated in PBO November 2016 Issue
- Excellent kit Review by JohnCFI
First class equipment, easy to use. By far the best Marine VHF yet.
(Posted on 13/02/2016)
- Excellentbit of kit Review by JohnCFI
Easily the best Marine VHF I have ever owned/used. Loads of features, easy menu system.
(Posted on 30/12/2015)