Dragonfly 5m Chartplotter With European Navionics
The Dragonfly 5m features an innovative ball and socket mounting system that allows mounting in tight spaces.The articulating ball and socket also makes it easy to position for optimum viewing.
Supplied with Navionics Silver chart for the whole of Europe including the Mediterranean.
• Waypoints: 3000
• Tracks: 15
• Alarm for Waypoint arrival
• COG Vector
• Adjustable deep water shading
• Compatible with Navionics Gold/ Navionics Plus or Cmap Max charts
• Waterproof MicroSD slot on rear with rubber seal for housing charts
• Display Size: 5 in
• Display Resolution: 800 x 480 WVGA
• Aspect Ratio: 15:9
• Nominal Supply Voltage 12 V DC
• Waterproofing Standard IPX6
• Internal 72 channel GPS/GLONASS Receiver
• GPS Refresh rate 10Hz (10 times per second)
• Unit Dimensions (mm) 145W x 145H x 56D
In the Box
• Dragonfly 5m
• Mounting bracket
• 1.5m power cable
- excellent small chart plotter at this price Review by HILL2
For unsophisticated position finding and navigation this is an excellent instrument. It does not connect to other systems, but if what you want is a read out of where you are with a Lat and long to transfer to a chart this is the plotter for you.
It also does basic navigation via waypoints. I use this in Brittany to help me manage the fierce tidal stream. So far I have found it excellent with no problems in installation or operating.
(Posted on 02/01/2017)