3G Broadband Radar
Broadband radar differs to conventional pulsed radar by having separate transmit and receive antennae and almost continuously transmits (at a lower power than pulsed radar) and receives. Traditional pulsed radar uses one antenna to both transmit and receive; the radar transmits a high power short pulse, then switches off the transmitter to listen for the return pulse.
• No blind spot as associated with pulse radar transmit/receive switching
• Better target separation
• Unrivalled short range performance with a 1/32nm range
• No magnetron 2 minute warm up. Instant on in less than 16 seconds.
• Emission safe - with less harmful x-band radiation than traditional pulse radar.
• Low power consumption
• MARPA Target Tracking: Track up to 10 targets. Requires a heading sensor.*
• Radar/Chart Overlay: Merges radar with cartography in a detail-rich display.*
• High-Speed Mode: Select 36 RPM for almost instant updating at less than 2 nm.
• Dual Guard Zones: Protect yourself from more angles.
• Automatic Clarity: Proven automatic harbour/marina and offshore modes.
• Range 24nm
• Mounting Bolts 4x30xM8 - 304 stainless steel
• Waterproof Standard IPX6
• Height: 280 mm \ 11 in
• Diameter: 488 mm \ 19.2 in
• Weight: 7.4 kg \ 16.31 lbs.
• Humidity: +35°C (95°F) 95% RH
• Operating Temperature -25° to +55°C (-13° to +130°F)
• Power Supply: 9V to 31.2Vdc (12/24 Volt systems) Reverse polarity protection vDC
• Power Consumption: 18W (Typ.) @ 13.8Vdc
• Power Consumption Standby 2W (Typ.) @ 13.8Vdc – only 150ma
In the box:
• 3g radome
• 10m Radar interconnection (9mm diameter) cable
• RI10 interface box
• 6ft ethernet cable
Compatible with the Lowrance HDS range of multifunction displays.
*Note: An RC42 heading sensor is needed for MARPA and radar overlay (product code 210230) . For overlay only use the point-1 heading sensor (product code 210205)