4500 Pocket Weather Tracker
- The Kestrel 4500 is a complete weather station in your hand!
Perfect for sailors, wind surfers & kite surfers, as well as those who are generally interested in the weather, it will let you check and predict weather conditions & patterns helping you make key decisions with regards weather prediction, passage duration, clothing selection, length of activity, safety, rig set up, sail choice etc before leaving the dock or beach.
It monitors current wind speed, average wind speed, maximum gust, wind direction, headwind, tailwind, crosswind, temperature, wind chill, relative humidity, barometric pressure, heat index, dew point, wet bulb temperature, altitude & density altitude as well as having time & date functions.
It also has a data logging capability for history analysis.
The ability to accurately monitor crosswind data is especially useful for wind surfers & kite surfers to understand accurately beach direction and launch risk.
• Includes protective rigid cover, lanyard and batteries
• Waterproof to IP67
• Drop Tested to MIL.STD.810F
• Size: 127 x 45 x 28mm
• Weight: 102g
• Accuracy: ±3% of reading or ±0.1 m/s, ±1ºC
• 5 Year warranty
• Replaceable calibrated impeller
• Selectable choice of units: Wind speed - knots, m/s, km/h, mph, ft/min, Beaufort; Wind direction - °, cardinal points; Temperature - ºC, ºF; Pressure - mbar, inHg, hPa, psi; Altitude - m, ft
• Uses 2 x AAA alkaline batteries (included) - min 400 hours operation
• Selectable Auto switch off (15 or 60 mins after last key press)
• Operating range: -10°C to 55°C (for LCD readability & battery)
Wind speed and temperature measurements are tested during manufacture.
A certificate of conformity is included with each Kestrel.