IC-M400BB Black Box VHF/DSC Dual Station Package
The package provides numerous benefits for the owner or skipper where space is at a premium including:
• Space saving configuration to boat owners who might not normally have the space to have two stations.
• Fully functional VHF, DSC and intercom between two positions.
• Commandmics utilise the same user interface used on Icom’s latest range of marine radios making control of the radio very straightforward.
• Commandmics are removable thus avoiding the potential for theft.
• Standard (6 metre) or optional (18 metre) Commandmic extension cable allow you to install the Commandmics in your favoured position.
An intuitive softkey menu system allows the user to control all functions of the radio via the commandmic including DSC, radio, foghorn and hailer horn.
A noise cancelling mic and a very powerful 10W audio output ensure that transmission and reception is as clear as possible. Connect this radio to an external loudhailer and you can utilise the powerful internal 10W amplifier as a loudhailer or foghorn. The IC-M400BB also incorporates the very useful Aquaquake function for ‘buzzing out’ water from the speaker grill in wet conditions. Connect directly to the Icom MA-500TR Class B AIS transponder (product code 220132) and you can make a DSC call via the target call function without having to enter the MMSI number.
• High definition dot matrix display
• Built in class D DSC
• Priority and normal scan
• Dual/tri- watch
• MMSI ‘buddy’ tracking
• 10W audio output
• Noise cancelling Mic
• Fully waterproof IPX7
• Loudhailer and Fog horn function (with optional external hailer)
• M1 M2 channels
• Black box Size (mm) 216W x 79H x 125D
• Commandmic Interface Size (mm) 140W x 90H x 34D
• Command mic cable length 6m
• Weight (approx.) 1.2kg
• NMEA0183 input and output
• Power supply 10.8-15.6 V DC