Garmin GPSMAP 78s Marine Handheld GPS Plotter - The rugged GPSMAP 78s features crisp colour mapping, a high-sensitivity receiver, moulded rubber side grips, plus a microSD™ card slot for loading additional maps. And it floats! Featuring a bright 2.6-inch LCD display with built in basemap and high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver with HotFix™ satellite prediction, the GPSMAP 78s locates & displays your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and built-up areas. It has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you’re standing still, without holding it level. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time to keep an eye on changing weather conditions. The unit also has a dedicated MOB (man over board) button.
• Waterproof (IPX7) & Floats
• Dimensions: W6.6xH15.2xD3.0cm, Weight: 218.3g (with batteries)
• Display Size: 4.1x5.6cm (6.6cm Diagonal)/160x240 pixels
• Display Type: transflective, 65-K colour TFT
• Waypoints: 2000
• Routes: 200
• Track log: 10,000 points
• Batteries: 2 x AA (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
• Battery Life: Upto 20 hours
• Interface: High speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
In The Box:
GPSMAP 78s, Wrist strap, USB cable, Quick start manual.