Boatshow offer 8th-17th January - FREE Large Area G2 Vision Chart worth £299.95 with this plotter
Garmin GPSMAP 557xs - A premium combination chartplotter & fishfinder unit with embedded UK cartography & a high resolution 5” screen.
The 557xs has an ultra fast built in high-sensitivity 10Hz GPS receiver that updates 10 times a second, giving pin point accuracy when adding or approaching a mark. Preloaded with Garmin G2 cartography for the whole of the UK, Ireland and northern France and is also fitted with 2 sd slots for additional Garmin G2 or G2 Vision cartography or data recording.
Garmin have also added the possibility of wireless communication with other devices via in built wifi and Bluetooth.
The 557xs has a powerful range of sailing specific features such as Laylines , wind rose *, wind data*, Heading and COG display
A very powerful 1000W sonar with HD-ID target tracking technology offers the user a clear fishfinder function with superb definition and target separation.
The 557xs can also be connected directly to a CHIRP transducer (sold separately) for the ultimate spread spectrum sonar. A sonar recording feature allows you to record your sonar traces.connectivity. Unit not supplied with a sonar transducer. Also compatible with the Garmin GCV10 CleaVü sonar blackbox for DownVü, SideVü and CHIRP sonar functions.
- 5” VGA display 640 x 480 pixels
- Internal high sensitivity 10Hz GPS/GLONASS receiver
- Wireless communication via Wifi & Bluetooth
- Advanced echo HD-ID fishfinder
- CHIRP compatible
- Sonar recording
- Alarms for fish size, water depth and voltage
- Ultrascroll for rapid updating of sounder image
- Sea-Thru technology for showing both strong and weak echoes at the same time
- Split screen zoom for optimum reading of the bottom and fish at close quarters
- Three installation options - bracket, flush or flat mounting
- AIS compatible
- Comaptible with both G2 and G2 vision cartography
- Layline display to show when to tack or gybe
- Animated tides and current
- Wind rose* that displays true and apparent wind angle at the same time
- Simultaneous display of heading and course over ground
- Wind data page ( Wind sensor required and sold separately)
- Waterproof: IPX7
- Unit dimensions cm: 15 x 15.5 x 6.1
- Voltage range: 10-32Vdc
- Waypoints: 5000 and 100 routes
- NMEA 0183 ports: 2
- AIS compatible
- Sonar frequency: 50/77/200/kHz
- Depth: down to 450m
In the box:
- GPSMAP 557xs
- Power/data/sonar cable
- Bail mount and knobs
- Flush mount kit
- Protective cover