GMI 20 , gWind, DST800 Wired Bundle
A wind, speed and depth system with NMEA 2000 connection. The wind signals from the Nexus twin vane masthead transducer are converted into NMEA2000 data via the GND10 box. Speed, depth and temperature data from the DST800 transducer is fed into both the GMI20 multifunction instrument via the NMEA2000 backbone.
The wind transducer features renowned Nexus twin-fin technology with 3-bladed propeller providing more accurate TWS in lighter air and more stable TWA. Optic reading provides superior accuracy and excellent linearity.
The GMI 20 digital marine instrument display is perfectly designed for both power and sail vessels. Designed to clearly show depth, speed, wind and 100+ marine and vessel parameters, its large, bright 4" colour display with extra large digits is easy to read at a distance and has a 170 degree viewing angle. A glass-bonded lens prevents fogging and increases contrast. Daylight readability is enhanced with a high contrast colour scheme. For enhanced night visibility, you have a choice of red/black, green/black or the normal night mode colour scheme along with a dimmer control. Screens can be set to auto-scroll, cycling between pages automatically without your having to do a thing. This is especially advantageous to sailors as it allows you to install the unit(s) in a greater variety of locations on the vessel. Default profiles can be customised for powerboat, sailboat, fishing, engine/fuel, plus several other user-specified profiles. Power is supplied by the NMEA 2000® network. In addition, the GMI 20 also features a dedicated race timer that counts down and counts up, with an internal beeper. Included are 2 trim snap piece cover options which allow you to match the GMI 20 with the new GPSMAP® 500/700 series, GPSMAP 8000 Glass Helm series or legacy Garmin chartplotters.
The Airmar plastic smart thru-hull mount transducer provides depth, speed and temperature data to the NMEA 2000 network. This 100 W transducer has a depth of 100 ft and operates at a frequency of 235 kHz. This frequency has been selected to eliminate interference with other echo sounders that may be fitted to the boat. The embedded digital signal processor ensures accurate speed from the paddle wheel even a speeds below 5 knots. The transducers skin fitting has a self-closing valve that minimises water flow into the boat when the transducer is removed.
• Includes a GND™ 10 black box bridge that allows shared communication of critical NMEA 2000® data between the Nexus Network and Garmin compatible chartplotters
• Three-bladed propeller for more accurate True Wind Speed (TWS) in lighter air
• Twin-fin design gives a more stable True Wind Angle (TWA)
• Marine instrument display that clearly shows depth, speed, wind and 100+ marine and vessel parameters
• Large, bright 4" colour glass-bonded lens display with anti-glare finish
• Easy to read from a distance and a 170 degree viewing angle
• Enhanced night time readability with backlight dimmer and full colour or new red/black or green/black colour schemes
• Low profile flush mount or custom flat mount option
• Dimensions WxH:345 mm × 610 mm• Weight: 350g• Waterproof: Yes (IPX6)• Temp Range: From -15°C to 70°C • Power: from NMEA2000 • Accuracy Angle: Better than ±1.5° • Speed: Better than ±3% • Wind Speed Range: 0. 8-90 knots (0. 4-50 m/s) GND 10 • Unit Dimension, WxH: 170 x 90 x 50 mm • Weight: 196g • Waterproof: Yes (IPX7) • Temp Range: From -15°C to 70°C • Voltage Range: 9-16V • Power Usage: 0.85W • Compass Safe Distance: 0.1m • NMEA 2000® Load Equivalency Number (LEN): 4
• Unit Dimension, WxH: 170 x 90 x 50 mm • Weight: 196g • Waterproof: Yes (IPX7) • Temp Range: From -15°C to 70°C • Voltage Range: 9-16V • Power Usage: 0.85W • Compass Safe Distance: 0.1m • NMEA 2000® Load Equivalency Number (LEN): 4
• Dimensions without sun cover (H×W×D): 110 x 115 x 30 mm • Dimensions with sun cover (H×W×D): 115 x 120 x 35.5 mm • Weight without sun cover: 247g • Weight with sun cover: 283g • Temperature range: From -15° to 70° C • Compass-safe distance: 209 mm • Case material: Polycarbonate, waterproof to IPX7 • Power usage: 2.5 W max • Unit max. voltage: 32 Vdc • NMEA 2000® input voltage: 9-16 Vdc • NMEA 2000 load equivalency number (LEN): 6 (300 mA at 9 Vdc)
DST 800 Transducer
• Cut out hole size: 51mm • Cable length: 6m • Cable termination: Micro C • Max Hull deadrise: 22 degrees • Data update rate: 1 second • Current draw: <200ma
In The Box
• gWind transducer • GMI 20 • GND 10 • DST800 thru-hull smart transducer • NMEA 2000 drop cable (2 m) • NMEA 2000 T-connector • Mast cable with female connector (25 m) • Nexus network cable (5 m; straight connector) • Nexus female field installable connector • Mast bracket • Mounting hardware • Documentation