Your First Channel Crossing
Planning, preparing and executing a successful passage, for sail and power.
- After day sailing, the next step for the adventurous yachtsman or motorboater is their first open sea crossing, and for many that invariably entails crossing the English Channel. This invaluable guide walks the first timer through their first Channel crossing step by step, tackling all the aspects that have to be taken into account before embarking, as well as managing on the trip, in the order in which they will be encountered.
Areas covered include:
- Preplanning: navigation, tides, weather, timing, course setting, bolt holes, collision regs, boat preparations, etc
- Provisioning for all conditions
- Weather on the day
- Crew briefing (safety, watches, etc)
- Grab bag, flares, etc
Packed with instructional photos, facts and advice, this handholding book is perfect for anyone thinking of attempting a Channel crossing, whether by sail or power.
• Paperback, 144 pages, 171 x 246mm
• Colour photographs & illustrations throughout