World Voyage Planner
Planning a voyage from anywhere in the world to anywhere in the world
- Jimmy Cornell is the undisputed authority on long distance voyaging.
In his new book, he helps the would-be voyager plan their trip step by step. Aimed at those seriously contemplating an extended cruise (and those dreaming about the possibility), this book will give an idea of what is involved in developing the right strategy. Amongst many other aspects, Jimmy looks at:
• World weather systems
• Strategies for sailing long or short circuits in the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans
• The pros and cons of different routes at different times of year
(taking into account weather, timings, wind directions and strengths, likelihood of fog, icebergs, gales, etc)
• The pros and cons, attractions and dangers of different routes (such as the problem of piracy)
• Practicalities (repair facilities, common gear breakage on extended voyages, places to leave the boat to fly home if necessary, health considerations, provisioning for a long trip,
personal safety measures, and much more)
• Jimmy's top ten list of common things that ruin a voyage
Written from an international point of view, Jimmy Cornell's World Voyage Planner can help sailors from any country going to any other to achieve a safe and enjoyable cruise.
• Hardback, 352 pages, Full colour photos and diagrams throughout.