Through the French Canals
- Through the French Canals has probably tempted more people to explore the beautiful waterways of France than any other book. A bestseller for many years, it is the essential planning guide for anyone wanting to cruise through the stunning scenery of the French waterways, or take their boat from the English Channel through to the Mediterranean via the inland route.
• Over 50 routes described and illustrated, with positions of locks, towns and villages
• Through routes from the English Channel and Atlantic to the Mediterranean, plus distances
• Suitable boats for the canals, and dimensions of locks and operating times
• Bridge heights, canal depths, fuelling points, waterway signals
• Cost of living, shopping and stores
• Weather information, haltes and portes de plaisance
Packed with appealing photographs and updated information on local facilities, distances, heights and depths, tunnel lengths, costs of cruising and shopping, it also discusses the local wines of the region.
‘A must for yachtsmen wishing to use the French inland waterway system ...a fascinating read.’ Yachting Monthly
• Paperback, 328pages, 210x148mm, colour photos.