Passage Making Made Perfect
- Planning and carrying out a successful, safe and enjoyable passage is a real art, and this book covers the whole process, from planning before setting off to fine tuning once underway.
Recent regulations issued by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency have also made passage planning a legal requirement for small boats, so now it's not just good practice - it's something you have to do.
Looking at day, offshore and ocean sailing, each part of the book covers:
• Sources of information (eg weather and tides)
• Creating the passage plan, taking into account capabilities and strength of the boat and crew
• Preparing the boat, equipment, crew and skipper
• Fine tuning whilst underway
• Approaching the destination, and arrival
• Dealing with emergencies
With practical text, case studies, checklists, flow charts and photographs, this book gives readers the tools and confidence they need to carry out successful passages, wherever and whenever they might be.
• Paperback, 224 pages, 171x246mm