Dag Pike's Cruising Under Sail
- With superb photography illustrating the text, this book will help give sailors of all levels the confidence to cruise safely from one port to another, whether it’s on a day trip or even for a week or two.
Areas covered include:
• Preparations before setting off
• Assessing the sea & weather conditions
• Briefing the crew
• Coping when things go wrong
• Operating the boat under different & sometimes challenging conditions
• Conforming with rules & regulations
With advice, hints & tips this is a very practical book - rather than being compartmentalized into sections on weather/navigation etc, it accompanies the cruiser from departure to their safe arrival at their destination, drawing out the practical lessons at each stage of the passage from the theory found in text books.
• Paperback, 192 pages, 189x246mm
• Colour photos & diagrams throughout